Torbay care team ‘Angels’ nominated for Our Heroes recogniton
- Credit: Archant
Torquay resident Chris is so bowled over with the team of carers who look after him that he has nominated them for Our Heroes
A Torquay man has praised the 'angels' who have looked after him before and during the pandemic.
Chris Dove, who lives in Plainmoor, says he doesn't know how he would have coped without the care from the Quality Care Devon team.
That is why he would like to nominate them for recognition in the Torbay Weekly Our Heroes campaign.
The Torbay Weekly would like to pay tribute to those who have gone the extra mile to look after others in the current crisis. Chris reckons the Quality Care Devon deserve that recognition, especially carer Stephanie Taylor.
Chris says: 'I have failing health that requires three visits a day from Quality Care Devon.
'If it wasn't for these angels, I dread to think what state I'd be in, if I'd be here at all.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
'Nothing is too much trouble for any of the carers, but one, in particular, has been a star.
'Stephanie has been a true godsend. Besides my care calls, Steph has picked up my medication, done shopping and even come on two weekends in her own time and done my back garden for me.
'On two other occasions she has delivered me some rather special hampers of much needed essentials. As a company they have even remembered my dog, including food and treats for him in the hampers.'
Chris added: 'Quality Care's office is always available to lend an ear if needed. Nothing is too much trouble for them. By far and away the best care company I've ever had.
'Jodie, Laura, Natasha, Basha, Donna, Jan, etc etc have all been fantastic. But Steph has been a Wonder Woman.'
The Torbay Weekly has received an array of nominations since the Our Heroes campaign was launched a few week ago, from doctors and nurses on the NHS frontline to groups delivering food parcels and helping the vulnerable.
If you would like to nominate an individual or an organisation for Our Heroes recognition just send some details explaining who and why with a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with Majestic Holidays, the initiative will climax with a celebration event once the current restrictions allow.