Party in Park to celebrate community's amazing lockdown volunteers
- Credit: TCDT
Usha Garrattley is community builder for Ellacombe and Plainmoor:
This is perfect timing as I am excited to let you know about some activities and events happening next month!
September starts off with a new coffee morning with a difference as you can also take part in a walk around Cary Park, do some putting, play table tennis or have Netfriends support you digitally with your laptop or phone.
This is starting on Thursday, September 2, from 10.30am to 12.30pm and will be every first Thursday of the month at Cary Park Tennis Club's clubhouse.
There is also the Jumble Trail on Saturday, September 11, from 10am to 1pm where you can raise funds for yourself or your favourite charity from the comfort of your own doorstep.
If you are coming to have a look at all the treasures on offer, you can access a map and have an adventure travelling around the local area meeting lots of lovely people and seeing places you may not know about.
If you are interested, contact Cindy on 07787 766 544 to register before September 1.
- 1 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 2 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
- 3 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 4 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 5 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 6 Dementia and Covid - the unknown figures
- 7 Torquay United ladies book cup final date with City
- 8 Battle and race against time is on to awaken the sleeping giant that is Oldway
- 9 Mark takes over at helm as Teignbridge Propellers invest in future
- 10 Are hi-tech companies missing a trick as they look to recruit staff?
Then there is the Party in the Park - Ellacombe Park - on Sunday, September 12, a joint event between Ellacombe Community Partnership and Torbay Community Development Trust.
It is a big community celebration and thank you to all the amazing volunteers who helped out with shopping etc during the pandemic, with games, sports and fun for everyone including a free picnic starting at midday.
Please book with Sarah at ECPartnership2017@hotmail.com so we know how many picnics are needed!
The evening stroll group will be continuing through September – first and third Mondays meeting at 7pm at the Babbacombe Cliff Railway Café and the second and fourth Mondays of the month meeting at 7pm at Debenhams for a walk along the seafront.
Lastly, I’d like to put a request out for anyone interested in being a volunteer walking buddy to be a supportive hand for those still anxious at going outside and help people regain their confidence and give them something to look forward to.
Can you help?
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the above, please give me - Usha Garrattley, community builder for Ellacombe and Plainmoor - a call on 07702 557 723.