Party in Park to celebrate community's amazing lockdown volunteers
- Credit: TCDT
Usha Garrattley is community builder for Ellacombe and Plainmoor:
This is perfect timing as I am excited to let you know about some activities and events happening next month!
September starts off with a new coffee morning with a difference as you can also take part in a walk around Cary Park, do some putting, play table tennis or have Netfriends support you digitally with your laptop or phone.
This is starting on Thursday, September 2, from 10.30am to 12.30pm and will be every first Thursday of the month at Cary Park Tennis Club's clubhouse.
There is also the Jumble Trail on Saturday, September 11, from 10am to 1pm where you can raise funds for yourself or your favourite charity from the comfort of your own doorstep.
If you are coming to have a look at all the treasures on offer, you can access a map and have an adventure travelling around the local area meeting lots of lovely people and seeing places you may not know about.
If you are interested, contact Cindy on 07787 766 544 to register before September 1.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Turning our season around
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
Then there is the Party in the Park - Ellacombe Park - on Sunday, September 12, a joint event between Ellacombe Community Partnership and Torbay Community Development Trust.
It is a big community celebration and thank you to all the amazing volunteers who helped out with shopping etc during the pandemic, with games, sports and fun for everyone including a free picnic starting at midday.
Please book with Sarah at ECPartnership2017@hotmail.com so we know how many picnics are needed!
The evening stroll group will be continuing through September – first and third Mondays meeting at 7pm at the Babbacombe Cliff Railway Café and the second and fourth Mondays of the month meeting at 7pm at Debenhams for a walk along the seafront.
Lastly, I’d like to put a request out for anyone interested in being a volunteer walking buddy to be a supportive hand for those still anxious at going outside and help people regain their confidence and give them something to look forward to.
Can you help?
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the above, please give me - Usha Garrattley, community builder for Ellacombe and Plainmoor - a call on 07702 557 723.