Paignton Zoo may be given go-ahead to re-open - but it is not ready
Paignton Zoo may be given go-ahead to re-open after shutdown
Paignton Zoo was hoping to be given the go-ahead to reopen - but it is not ready to do so on Monday, the expected date to be announced.
At the time of going to press, speculation was mounting that Prime Minister Boris Johnson was announcing zoos and safari parks will be allowed to reopen, possibly on Monday, June 15.
But when it was forced to close in March, the zoo furloughed staff. Working towards the original July 4 date given for re-opening, the zoo have not had the staff working in order to the get ready to open earlier than expected.
When the zoo does open it will fit in with Torbay's message that the English Riviera will be a Responsible Riviera if the local tourism industry generally is allowed to reopen on July 4.
Responsible Riviera – pages 6-7
- 1 Sutton 0 Torquay United 1
- 2 Great performance when it mattered
- 3 Torquay United showdown at Sutton
- 4 Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- 5 Sunken Gardens work starts as lights shine bright on new future
- 6 Great fuel debate - the case for diesel
- 7 Bryony Frost recovering from National fall
- 8 The nostalgic power of music
- 9 All guns blazing from Torquay United
- 10 Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination