Remembering war heroes who gave us freedom
- Credit: Submitted
The Paignton branch of the Royal British Legion have confirmed their plans to honour those who gave their lives in wartime.
For Armistice Day on November 11 there will be a short service at the Paignton war memorial (10.45am for 11am) with two-minutes silence at 11am followed by a simple wreath service.
On Remembrance Sunday, Sunday November 14, there will be a morning church service (10am for 10.15am) at Paignton Parish Church. Anybody wishing to participate should contact Father Neil Knox or the branch chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An afternoon wreath service (2.45pm for 3pm) will be held in the Palace Avenue Gardens and War Memorial. The short service will include two minutes silence and wreath laying by local dignitaries and other organisations. Those wanting to lay a wreath should email the branch chairman.
Poppy Appeal and Remembrance items can be ordered in advance by contacting Poppy Appeal organiser Don McKechnie on 07478 063488 or at email@example.com
* Tributes to war heroes - Pages 8, 16 and 17
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 3 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 4 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 5 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 10 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems