Preston Rotary Club’s special fund for to help smaller charities
- Credit: Archant
The Preston Rotary Club has set up a special fund to help smaller charities in the current crisis.
The club already supports several local organisations who are now also helping the elderly, homeless and families in need.
The dedicated fund will help the small independent local charities who are working tirelessly to help those affected by coronavirus and who are experiencing a greatly increased in demand for assistance and urgently need financial help.
Club president Peter Burcher said: 'Our members can't sit still in isolation, but are trying their best to support local charities who are doing so much and often putting themselves in harm's way, to help those in need.
'We are used to doing what we can to help our community, but at this very difficult time can't go out with a bucket collection or run an event to raise funds, as we would have done.
'The money raised by this appeal is ring-fenced for local charities and we will ensure it is used in the most appropriate and speedy way.
'Our members have set up standing orders to kick start the fund, and we are now appealing to others for donations.'
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 7 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
Anybody willing to help and donate can go to the club's website at www.preston.rotary1175.org