Musician Hayley Brown’s song for NHS charities
- Credit: Archant
Paignton musician Hayley Brown has written and produced a song about the uncertain world in which we all now live - and raise money for NHS charities.
Her single 'Out of the Distance' tells the story of how the Covid-19 virus has come from nowhere to throw the entire world into a strange new normality.
It is a great achievement for Hayley, who only recently turned a lifetime of musical passion into her vocation.
'I've dipped in an out of the music business since the age of 11 and music has always been in my family background,' said Hayley.
'My mum would take me around all the pubs in Derbyshire and I would be the karaoke machine.
'After my A-levels, I decided against university and worked as a musical entertainer in Skegness, as well as performing in various bands, before taking up a role with BT.
'In 2004, I moved down to Paignton and then took the decision to re-educate myself, attending South Devon College at the age of 50 to take a diploma in music.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 5 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 6 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 7 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 8 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
'They even offered me a job at South Devon College but I opted to take my degree at the Academy of Music and Sound in Exeter. I have also been a foster carer and found music very therapeutic for the children.'
As well as teaching music, Hayley is a songwriter and produces band music for business, but the inspiration for 'Out of the Distance' is to help raise funds for the NHS family that has always been part of her life.
'I was brought up in a family of NHS workers,' said Hayley. 'I have lived in the NHS bubble and have friends still working in hospitals.
'I sat down one afternoon and this song just came out. I wanted to write something that helps people to relate. Music has an evocative effect on the mind and the repetitive message of 'Out of the Distance' hopefully helps in a small way.
To download 'Out of the Distance' log on to https://hayleybmusic.bandcamp.com/track/out-of-the-distance where you can also donate to NHS Heroes.
Hayley is also available for musical branding and teaching by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org