Lions in urgent appeal for help
- Credit: Archant
Paignton Lions Club has been offered some road traffic equipment from BMAD - and is appealing for storage space to keep it safe.
A Lions spokesman said: 'We have very kindly been offered, free of charge, the road traffic equipment from BMAD. However, we desperately need somewhere to store it.
'If anyone has any space or knows of someone, or even has an idea how we can solve the issue, please let me know urgently.'
The road closure barriers, traffic cones and a road closed sign would be invaluable to the sdafe running of the Lions' Boxing Day 'Walk Into The Sea' event, as well as other future events, all of which raise money to support the local community.
Ideally, the storage would be in Paignton but anywhere reasonably local would be appreciated.
Anyone who can help in the long or short term, should contactLion Ian Snell on 07977 348 163.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans