Lions in urgent appeal for help
- Credit: Archant
Paignton Lions Club has been offered some road traffic equipment from BMAD - and is appealing for storage space to keep it safe.
A Lions spokesman said: 'We have very kindly been offered, free of charge, the road traffic equipment from BMAD. However, we desperately need somewhere to store it.
'If anyone has any space or knows of someone, or even has an idea how we can solve the issue, please let me know urgently.'
The road closure barriers, traffic cones and a road closed sign would be invaluable to the sdafe running of the Lions' Boxing Day 'Walk Into The Sea' event, as well as other future events, all of which raise money to support the local community.
Ideally, the storage would be in Paignton but anywhere reasonably local would be appreciated.
Anyone who can help in the long or short term, should contactLion Ian Snell on 07977 348 163.
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 4 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 9 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric
- 10 Rowcroft sends out jobs SOS for shop volunteers