'Help us break fund-raising record'
- Credit: Submitted
Organisers are hoping a charity fund-raising fete will break all records.
Co-Op Funeralcare in Dartmouth Road, Paignton, are staging their annual summer fayre on Saturday May 29.
Last year's event raised over £400 so the Co-Op wants to top that this year. Not only that but a spokesman revealed: "In Co-Op, we are currently the second highest region in the country for profits made for charity. We are invested in making it to number one with our event so we can show our commitment to our community."
Staff and their families donate their time and effort to bake homemade goodies, host stalls (such as hook-a-duck, skittles and tombola) and donate prizes and bric-a-brac for the fete which is in aid of the charity MIND.
The spokesman said: "We are hosting our event come rain or shine and have taken social distancing measures into consideration."
It takes place from from 11am at the Paignton office,.
- 1 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 2 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 3 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 4 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 5 Concentration the key for Torquay United
- 6 Torquay United penalty order...just in case
- 7 Tributes paid to village character Leebo who will be missed by many - but not perhaps some marauding football fans!
- 8 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 9 Congratulations from Clarke
- 10 So much at stake for Torquay United