'Help us break fund-raising record'
- Credit: Submitted
Organisers are hoping a charity fund-raising fete will break all records.
Co-Op Funeralcare in Dartmouth Road, Paignton, are staging their annual summer fayre on Saturday May 29.
Last year's event raised over £400 so the Co-Op wants to top that this year. Not only that but a spokesman revealed: "In Co-Op, we are currently the second highest region in the country for profits made for charity. We are invested in making it to number one with our event so we can show our commitment to our community."
Staff and their families donate their time and effort to bake homemade goodies, host stalls (such as hook-a-duck, skittles and tombola) and donate prizes and bric-a-brac for the fete which is in aid of the charity MIND.
The spokesman said: "We are hosting our event come rain or shine and have taken social distancing measures into consideration."
It takes place from from 11am at the Paignton office,.
- 1 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
- 2 Stephanie lined up for top award - and is one of 'Our Heroes'
- 3 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 4 Jim Parker: Seafront illuminations are shining a light on bright future of our English Riviera
- 5 Property of the Week: Character cottage that's close to town centre
- 6 Christian: 'I'm determined to make a difference'
- 7 Colin Lee: Late goal dramas - managing the situation
- 8 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 9 Bay's Agatha Christie Festival went swimmingly well!
- 10 Goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald has 'no regrets or worries about being back'