Paige: ‘My thanks to NHS heroes’
- Credit: Archant
Sports therapist Paige has had family members struck down by virus - now she wants to thank NHS and frontline heroes
LEAD IN: The Torbay Weekly never fails to be amazed at the stream of local companies going the extra mile to help others during this crisis . This week we feature Paige Burrows, a fully qualified sports therapist who is building her own massage therapy business - FirstKicks Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation.
Paige, who was introduced to the newspaper family by former professional footballer and manager and now Torbay Weekly columnist Colin Lee, tells us of how she uses her skills to help NHS workers
'Whilst completing my degree, I was fortunate to gain experience at the Chelsea Football Club Advanced Development Centre, alongside Colin Lee, as head sports therapist. I also started working with Buckland Athletic and I still provide the team with sports and physio therapy.
In the FirstKicks Clinic my regular work is to provide assessments and treatment for all those with sports injuries as well as muscular and skeletal conditions within different age and ability settings. Recently this has been extended to include holistic therapy treatments such as Swedish Massage and Hot Stones.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 8 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
Whilst the clinic has been closed over the last few weeks, I have been keeping my social media pages up-to date and keeping an eye on all of my clients' physical and, especially, mental health.
I have seen first hand how strong, selfless and committed our amazing key and frontline workers are. Some of my own family members have had the virus and were only able to fight through it because of the healthcare they received.
To say thank you, I will be offering all key and frontline workers 50 per cent off all treatments on reopening. I will also continue to run different competitions on my Facebook page, where people can nominate their key worker friends and family to win a free treatment (each time 20 different individuals have been chosen). These offers will last 12 months.
To those who have been affected mentally, by COVID-19 or injury, I urge you to get in contact. I believe mental health is just as important and physical health. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay positive.