Packaging capability for tenants as EPIC partners with engineering firm Pyramid
- Credit: Submitted
Paignton's EPIC Centre has partnered with UK manufacturer Pyramid Engineering in an arrangement that will see EPIC buy a complete seam sealer equipment for semiconductor packages.
The system will offer EPIC tenants ability to hermetically weld products within in a controlled environment.
This investment will enable current and future EPIC tenants to offer this technical capability to an ever-demanding market.
Pyramid Engineering has more than 40 years’ experience in the hermetic sealing of semiconductor and microelectronic packages using various welding processes within atmosphere controlled enclosures.
They will offer ongoing support and training to EPIC tenants as part of the partnership.
Existing EPIC tenants and packaging specialists Bay Photonics will also add value to the partnership by supporting their clients and other EPIC tenants with this technology.
EPIC Centre director Wayne Loschi said: "We have been slowly building the technical capability of EPIC over the past 12 months.
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 Nemane to Notts
- 3 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 4 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 5 First friendly for Torquay United
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 8 Pro deals for United Academy stars
- 9 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 10 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
"We can now add packaging to the product assembly, microscopy and analysis facilities within our centre.
"Pyramid Engineering have the expertise and experience to support our aspirations of becoming a globally recognised facility for microelectronics prototyping.”
Pyramid Engineering managing director Gary Stead said: “We are very pleased to be involved in the EPIC project and look forward to installing our technology within the building.
"Pyramid has worked with various Torbay Hi Tech Cluster companies for a number of years therefore believe we are the best partner to support EPIC.”
EPIC will continue to invest in equipment and infrastructure to support the needs of tenants and the wider microelectronics cluster.