Orbis Technologies announces acquisition of Torquay-based software business Innovasys
- Credit: Orbis Technologies
Orbis Technologies Inc, a global leader in delivering content solutions and services for large enterprise and governmental organisations worldwide, has announced the acquisition of Torbay-based Innovasys Limited, a leader in developing software for creating and publishing technical documentation.
As a result of the purchase, Orbis has expanded operations to include Torquay.
"The acquisition of Innovasys came about as a result of an effort to provide more affordable approaches to developing technical documentation," said Brian Ippolito, president and CEO of Orbis Technologies.
"Our team used the Innovasys software applications, and we immediately saw a natural fit with our component content management software and world-class professional services.
"Innovasys provides Orbis, and our clients, another tool to drive down the costs of authoring, managing, and publishing content."
"For Innovasys, becoming part of Orbis allows us to take our products to much broader markets and accelerates the investment in our state-of-the-art documentation and help authoring tools," said Richard Sloggett, president of Innovasys.
"We also see significant opportunity to deliver industry-leading capabilities by combining our software with Orbis' many technical writers and integrating our applications with the RSuite content management platforms."
- 1 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 2 Retro Sport: Whatever the temptation, the sanctity of cricket is paramount
- 3 Nurturing the Plainmoor pitch
- 4 Ray of success for Chris after years of trying
- 5 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 6 Working hard to ensure success of fishing industry in Brixham
- 7 Brilliant Buckland advance in the FA Vase
- 8 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 9 Picture special: Views from across Torbay
- 10 National Lottery funding for Torre Abbey to help break down barriers to heritage
Mr Sloggett will remain with Orbis as vice president, authoring and publication tools.
The combined company now supports clients in 37 countries, to include Fortune 500 companies, military, and other government organisations.
Orbis Technologies is an established global leader in delivering innovative content solutions and professional services to companies ranging from Fortune 50 to the U.S. Federal Government.
Orbis has headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland, with operations in Chennai, India; Lymington Road, Torquay and Sydney, Australia.