Online booking system for recycling centre
- Credit: Archant
Torbay residents can now book a slot at the recycling centre using their smartphone, laptop or tablet.
It's the latest improvement to the service since SWISCo – a new company wholly owned by Torbay Council - took over running a range of frontline services, including waste and recycling services, in the Bay last month.
Householders can now book slots at the recycling centre in Tor Park Road, Paignton, online, with a quick and simple booking system.
Booking by phone is still available for those without internet access but this is likely to take longer and queueing may occur, so for those who can, please book online.
Cllr Mike Morey, Cabinet member for infrastructure, environment and culture for Torbay Council, said: 'We are always looking at ways we can improve our services for residents and although the booking system is working well for the recycling centre, we wanted to offer an online booking service to make it more efficient.
'So please - save time by booking online.'
As before, householders will need to book first and then drive to the recycling centre on the date and time they are given, and sessions are ten minutes each.
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 4 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Chloe Pavely: Mixed bag of emotions with end of season in sight
Key workers can book dedicated slots for Saturday mornings – this includes all emergency services, health and care workers local authority staff, utility workers, education staff, food provision or delivery drivers.
Residentds can now take a trailer to the recycling centre but only for garden waste.
Don't forget, when you're at the recycling centre:
• no more than two people per vehicle
• stay two metres apart where possible
• you will need to dispose of your own waste
• respect the staff and keep your distance
• vans should only bring the same quantity as would fit in a family car.