Online booking system for recycling centre
- Credit: Archant
Torbay residents can now book a slot at the recycling centre using their smartphone, laptop or tablet.
It's the latest improvement to the service since SWISCo – a new company wholly owned by Torbay Council - took over running a range of frontline services, including waste and recycling services, in the Bay last month.
Householders can now book slots at the recycling centre in Tor Park Road, Paignton, online, with a quick and simple booking system.
Booking by phone is still available for those without internet access but this is likely to take longer and queueing may occur, so for those who can, please book online.
Cllr Mike Morey, Cabinet member for infrastructure, environment and culture for Torbay Council, said: 'We are always looking at ways we can improve our services for residents and although the booking system is working well for the recycling centre, we wanted to offer an online booking service to make it more efficient.
'So please - save time by booking online.'
As before, householders will need to book first and then drive to the recycling centre on the date and time they are given, and sessions are ten minutes each.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 3 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
Key workers can book dedicated slots for Saturday mornings – this includes all emergency services, health and care workers local authority staff, utility workers, education staff, food provision or delivery drivers.
Residentds can now take a trailer to the recycling centre but only for garden waste.
Don't forget, when you're at the recycling centre:
• no more than two people per vehicle
• stay two metres apart where possible
• you will need to dispose of your own waste
• respect the staff and keep your distance
• vans should only bring the same quantity as would fit in a family car.