Occombe celebrates first farm shop Christmas with jobs and business boom
- Credit: Submitted
Occombe is celebrating its first Christmas with its newly opened Occombe Farm Shop which has gone from strength to strength since opening in the summer.
The shop, opened in August, has welcomed many visitors from both the local community and from further afield. Many local regulars are making return visits with the recently-refurbished cafe breaking records on breakfast sales every weekend.
The Occombe team has also grown dramatically. Almost 50 new people have joined the farm shop and café operations this summer, providing great new job opportunities for local people. The cafe has a whole new kitchen team and more people supporting the front of house operation. Recruitment has also begun for the new Farm Park & Play attraction, anticipated to open in early 2022.
A spokesman said: "Everyone’s looking forward to celebrating and helping make the most of the festive season.
"The team will even help customers create their own Christmas hamper, selected from the finest West Country products. Devon hampers are proving popular as people shop local and give the gift of Devon. You can even buy your locally grown Christmas tree at Occombe this year."
The shop and cafe are open every day. Weekends throughout December until the 19th will include warming mulled drinks, festive treats to try and, on selected weekends. There will also be music by a local choir. Late opening until 8pm takes place on Thursdays December 16.
Purchases are helping to support the conservation work of Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust; caring for Torbay’s beautiful green spaces.
- 1 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 2 Retro Sport: Whatever the temptation, the sanctity of cricket is paramount
- 3 Nurturing the Plainmoor pitch
- 4 Ray of success for Chris after years of trying
- 5 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 6 Working hard to ensure success of fishing industry in Brixham
- 7 Brilliant Buckland advance in the FA Vase
- 8 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 9 Picture special: Views from across Torbay
- 10 National Lottery funding for Torre Abbey to help break down barriers to heritage