New-style Riviera Wheel set for summer in Torquay
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The English Riviera Wheel and Carousel are returning to Torquay and should be open by Saturday.
The return of this iconic summer attraction is perfectly timed with the reopening of the hospitality sector to locals and visitors.
The installation of the wheel will take about one week by 10 fully trained and qualified personnel using an inbuilt hydraulic system.
James Mellors, a director of Mellors Group, said: 'This year, our attraction has been specifically chosen to adhere to Covid-19 guidelines with both open-air and rotating gondolas, which will bring a brand new, exciting experience.'
All guidance will be adhered to and social distancing measures will be in place.
Visitors are asked to take note of all signage and guidance to protect themselves and others while visiting the attraction.
The wheel will be operating daily from 10am until 9pm most days with the last operational day being in late October.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 8 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward