New-style Riviera Wheel set for summer in Torquay
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The English Riviera Wheel and Carousel are returning to Torquay and should be open by Saturday.
The return of this iconic summer attraction is perfectly timed with the reopening of the hospitality sector to locals and visitors.
The installation of the wheel will take about one week by 10 fully trained and qualified personnel using an inbuilt hydraulic system.
James Mellors, a director of Mellors Group, said: 'This year, our attraction has been specifically chosen to adhere to Covid-19 guidelines with both open-air and rotating gondolas, which will bring a brand new, exciting experience.'
All guidance will be adhered to and social distancing measures will be in place.
Visitors are asked to take note of all signage and guidance to protect themselves and others while visiting the attraction.
The wheel will be operating daily from 10am until 9pm most days with the last operational day being in late October.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay