New owners plan takeaway menu until Paignton cafe can open
- Credit: Bettesworths
A Paignton cafe has been sold - and its new owners plan to introduce a new takeaway menu while they wait for Covid-19 restrictions to be lifted and they can open its doors to diners.
Hammond’s Café has been bought by experienced caterers Mr and Mrs Butler, who have relocated to Paignton from Cornwall and are currently settling into their new home.
Mr and Mrs Butler will be opening shortly and, in the first instance, will offer an updated takeaway menu to both regular and new customers.
Once regulations allow, the cafe will be opening its doors to the public.
Mr and Mrs Butler have increased the vegetarian and vegan options and introduced a children’s menu. Afternoon teas will also be available via pre-order.
As and where possible, all ingredients will be from sustainable sources, said the new owners.
Genevieve Stringer, who handled the sale for leading commercial estate agents Bettesworths, said: "Hammond’s is a delightful café with the added benefit of spacious owners' accommodation, and not surprisingly, we were able to agree a sale just two months after going on the market.
- 1 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 2 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 5 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 6 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 7 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 8 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 9 Fishermen take narrow lead after win at Barton
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
"Our team at Bettesworths would like to take this opportunity to wish all the best to Mr and Mrs Butler in their new and exciting venture."