Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- Credit: Torbay Council
Following a recommendation from Torbay Council’s employment committee, it was unanimously confirmed at an extraordinary meeting of the council that Anne-Marie Bond will be appointed as the new chief executive of Torbay Council.
Anne-Marie, who has been the council’s interim chief executive since August 2020, took up the permanent post of chief executive and head of paid service with effect from April 1.
She said: “I feel incredibly honoured to have been appointed as the council’s permanent chief executive. I am truly passionate about Torbay, and together with all my colleagues am committed to providing the very best services to all of Torbay’s residents.”
Cllr Darling, leader of the council, said: “I have worked with Anne-Marie for many years and am looking forward to working with her as she takes up the position of permanent chief executive.
"Throughout her time as interim chief executive, Anne-Marie has demonstrated her great leadership skills as we navigated our way through the Covid-19 pandemic.
"Not only that she has also started to put in place the building blocks that are required to take the council forward into the future.”
Cllr Mike Morey said: “Anne-Marie is highly valued by both members of staff and across our partner organisations.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
"Her skills and experience of enabling and engaging people will be invaluable as we seek to build even stronger partnerships with our local communities.”
Cllr Chris Lewis said: “We want to ensure the council is as efficient and effective as possible. Anne-Marie has considerable local government knowledge and experience and has an incredible understanding of Torbay and the workings of the council as we move forward with transforming services and building a resilient council that is fit for the future.”