Mystery of Torbay sightseeing bus spotted in United States
- Credit: Submitted
Mystery surrounds how an English Riviera sightseeing bus ended up in the United States.
Reader Steve Walker, who lives in Boston, got in touch to reveal how he discovered the open-topped tourist bus while working in Louisiana.
He explained: “One evening, I decided to take a walk and as I approached the hotel next door, I saw Paignton Zoo’s bus in its car park.
“The first question I asked myself is why is bus this 4,500 miles from home?
“After walking around the bus, noticing its right hand drive steering wheel and other UK bus tell-tale signs, built in Britain.
“As to why the bus is in Louisiana, I have no idea. There was nobody around to ask.
“The hotel is right off Interstate 20 exit 86 so it could have been en-route to anywhere.”
- 1 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 2 NL suspension is out of the question
- 3 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 4 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 5 Midfield decisions for Torquay United
- 6 We will need sport more than ever if and when we ever escape this dreadful pandemic
- 7 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 8 Widow Joan, 87, tells anti-vaxxers: 'Don't be silly'
- 9 Property of the week has amazing sea views across Torbay
- 10 Rising rescue crisis thanks to lockdown puppy boom
Steve was unable to see which State number plate was on the bus.