Mystery of Torbay sightseeing bus spotted in United States
- Credit: Submitted
Mystery surrounds how an English Riviera sightseeing bus ended up in the United States.
Reader Steve Walker, who lives in Boston, got in touch to reveal how he discovered the open-topped tourist bus while working in Louisiana.
He explained: “One evening, I decided to take a walk and as I approached the hotel next door, I saw Paignton Zoo’s bus in its car park.
“The first question I asked myself is why is bus this 4,500 miles from home?
“After walking around the bus, noticing its right hand drive steering wheel and other UK bus tell-tale signs, built in Britain.
“As to why the bus is in Louisiana, I have no idea. There was nobody around to ask.
“The hotel is right off Interstate 20 exit 86 so it could have been en-route to anywhere.”
- 1 Sutton 0 Torquay United 1
- 2 Great performance when it mattered
- 3 Torquay United showdown at Sutton
- 4 Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- 5 Sunken Gardens work starts as lights shine bright on new future
- 6 Great fuel debate - the case for diesel
- 7 Bryony Frost recovering from National fall
- 8 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 9 Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination
- 10 All guns blazing from Torquay United
Steve was unable to see which State number plate was on the bus.