Mystery of Torbay sightseeing bus spotted in United States
- Credit: Submitted
Mystery surrounds how an English Riviera sightseeing bus ended up in the United States.
Reader Steve Walker, who lives in Boston, got in touch to reveal how he discovered the open-topped tourist bus while working in Louisiana.
He explained: “One evening, I decided to take a walk and as I approached the hotel next door, I saw Paignton Zoo’s bus in its car park.
“The first question I asked myself is why is bus this 4,500 miles from home?
“After walking around the bus, noticing its right hand drive steering wheel and other UK bus tell-tale signs, built in Britain.
“As to why the bus is in Louisiana, I have no idea. There was nobody around to ask.
“The hotel is right off Interstate 20 exit 86 so it could have been en-route to anywhere.”
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 9 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay
Steve was unable to see which State number plate was on the bus.