Mystery of Torbay sightseeing bus spotted in United States
- Credit: Submitted
Mystery surrounds how an English Riviera sightseeing bus ended up in the United States.
Reader Steve Walker, who lives in Boston, got in touch to reveal how he discovered the open-topped tourist bus while working in Louisiana.
He explained: “One evening, I decided to take a walk and as I approached the hotel next door, I saw Paignton Zoo’s bus in its car park.
“The first question I asked myself is why is bus this 4,500 miles from home?
“After walking around the bus, noticing its right hand drive steering wheel and other UK bus tell-tale signs, built in Britain.
“As to why the bus is in Louisiana, I have no idea. There was nobody around to ask.
“The hotel is right off Interstate 20 exit 86 so it could have been en-route to anywhere.”
- 1 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 2 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 'Mixed' bag for Torbay teams as basketball season opens
- 5 Retro Sport with Roger Mann: An ambition which money just can't buy!
- 6 Picture special: Torbay buses
- 7 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 8 A harvest of hope at Pollinator Patch
- 9 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
Steve was unable to see which State number plate was on the bus.