Mums-to-be can have someone with them at Torbay Hospital 20-week scan
- Credit: Archant
Mums-to-be can now take someone from their same household to their 20-week anomaly scan at Torbay Hospital.
Social distancing ands PPE guidance - including the use of face masks - must must be followed at all times, said a spokesman for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
The decision to allow a partner, carer or supporter follows a relaxation of restrictions imposed at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The new rule is for scan appointments only and not for any follow-up activities.
Meanwhile, the Government has updated advice for patients who attend a hospital setting so patients need to pay attention to any information displayed at the entrance to the hospital.
Patients and anyone accompanying them are required to wear a face covering.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay