Mums-to-be can have someone with them at Torbay Hospital 20-week scan
- Credit: Archant
Mums-to-be can now take someone from their same household to their 20-week anomaly scan at Torbay Hospital.
Social distancing ands PPE guidance - including the use of face masks - must must be followed at all times, said a spokesman for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
The decision to allow a partner, carer or supporter follows a relaxation of restrictions imposed at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The new rule is for scan appointments only and not for any follow-up activities.
Meanwhile, the Government has updated advice for patients who attend a hospital setting so patients need to pay attention to any information displayed at the entrance to the hospital.
Patients and anyone accompanying them are required to wear a face covering.
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 3 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 4 NL suspension is out of the question
- 5 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 6 Midfield decisions for Torquay United
- 7 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 8 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 9 Widow Joan, 87, tells anti-vaxxers: 'Don't be silly'
- 10 Raise a glass for Clint Boulton