Mums-to-be can have someone with them at Torbay Hospital 20-week scan
- Credit: Archant
Mums-to-be can now take someone from their same household to their 20-week anomaly scan at Torbay Hospital.
Social distancing ands PPE guidance - including the use of face masks - must must be followed at all times, said a spokesman for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
The decision to allow a partner, carer or supporter follows a relaxation of restrictions imposed at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The new rule is for scan appointments only and not for any follow-up activities.
Meanwhile, the Government has updated advice for patients who attend a hospital setting so patients need to pay attention to any information displayed at the entrance to the hospital.
Patients and anyone accompanying them are required to wear a face covering.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 10 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward