MP's praise for jab team as figures show 40,000 in Torbay have had coronavirus vaccine
- Credit: Kevin Foster
Torbay MP Kevin Foster has welcomed statistics published showing by the end of February more than 40,000 Torquay and Paignton residents had received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine.
The remarkable data also confirmed more than two million people in the South West have now received a coronavirus vaccine.
The figures contained within the daily statistics published by NHS England, show 2,047,313 first doses have been given in the region.
With 80,982 second jabs given, it brings the total number of doses across the South West Region to 2,128,295, covering the period from December 8 to March 3.
The latest local weekly statistics were published on Thursday, March 4, covering the period from December 8 to February 28.
The figures showed in the Torbay Parliamentary Constituency - which covers Torquay and Paignton - by Sunday, February 28, the following numbers of residents had received at least one dose of vaccine:
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 3 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
Mr Foster said: “The progress made by the vaccination programme has been remarkable and it is great to see the latest statistics confirming over 40,000 residents in Torquay and Paignton have now received their first jab.
"The Torbay vaccination team have worked hard to reach out to as many people as possible and there is a simple message: When called, do your bit and have the jab, as I will do when it is my turn to be invited for vaccination.”