MP helps to judge Rotary club’s lockdown challenge
- Credit: Archant
Babbacombe and St Marychurch Rotary Club created a challenge for schoolchildren who were unable to attend school during the Covid-19 lockdown.
It was created to appeal to three different age groups from the very young to more mature students.
In each age group, students were invited to show how lockdown had affected them. For older students, it also encompassed how they might like to see things in the future.
All the schools involved supported the competition and the judging of the entries was undertaken by MP Kevin Foster together with a representative panel of Babbacombe Rotarians.
Winners were KS1, Marta Castillo Caper, aged six; KS 2, Summer Faulkes, 11; secondary, Alfie Dean, 13.
President Michael Atkinson said he was pleased the Rotary Club of Babbacombe and St Marychurch had been able to do something positive in the community during lockdown.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 5 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 6 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
- 10 Predicta competition this weekend