MP helps to judge Rotary club’s lockdown challenge
- Credit: Archant
Babbacombe and St Marychurch Rotary Club created a challenge for schoolchildren who were unable to attend school during the Covid-19 lockdown.
It was created to appeal to three different age groups from the very young to more mature students.
In each age group, students were invited to show how lockdown had affected them. For older students, it also encompassed how they might like to see things in the future.
All the schools involved supported the competition and the judging of the entries was undertaken by MP Kevin Foster together with a representative panel of Babbacombe Rotarians.
Winners were KS1, Marta Castillo Caper, aged six; KS 2, Summer Faulkes, 11; secondary, Alfie Dean, 13.
President Michael Atkinson said he was pleased the Rotary Club of Babbacombe and St Marychurch had been able to do something positive in the community during lockdown.
- 1 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 2 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 3 Turning our season around
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 7 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 Norrms McNamara: The loneliness of dementia
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete