MP helps to judge Rotary club’s lockdown challenge
- Credit: Archant
Babbacombe and St Marychurch Rotary Club created a challenge for schoolchildren who were unable to attend school during the Covid-19 lockdown.
It was created to appeal to three different age groups from the very young to more mature students.
In each age group, students were invited to show how lockdown had affected them. For older students, it also encompassed how they might like to see things in the future.
All the schools involved supported the competition and the judging of the entries was undertaken by MP Kevin Foster together with a representative panel of Babbacombe Rotarians.
Winners were KS1, Marta Castillo Caper, aged six; KS 2, Summer Faulkes, 11; secondary, Alfie Dean, 13.
President Michael Atkinson said he was pleased the Rotary Club of Babbacombe and St Marychurch had been able to do something positive in the community during lockdown.
- 1 First friendly for Torquay United
- 2 Hard-fought affair as Barton win derby
- 3 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 4 South West boasts 'naturally inspiring' crime rates
- 5 Dead head and you'll have chocolate-scented flowers until autumn
- 6 Nemane to Notts
- 7 Spectacular views from Buccaneer's Way walk
- 8 Celebrating the power and strength of local community
- 9 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 10 Pro deals for United Academy stars