Mobile Covid-19 test station opening in Torquay
- Credit: Archant
A mobile testing unit for Covid-19 will be open from tomorrow at the coach station car park in Lymington Road, Torquay.
The facility will be for the use of essential workers in Torbay and their families.
If an essential worker or someone in their family is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, they can access the service to book a test. All they will need when they arrive for their booked test is a workplace form of identification such as an ID badge to be able to get tested.
Torbay MP Kevin Foster has welcomed confirmation the testing station is opening in Torbay.
He said: 'I am grateful to the team at Torbay Council who has worked with the national testing programme to ensure this facility could be provided.
'This facility will be a welcome part of the Government's national effort to get more testing in place and help safeguard our local community.'
To find out more, check the list of essential workers covered by this programme and book a test go to the government portal at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 3 United heading into the future
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 7 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 10 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton