Mobile Covid-19 test station opening in Torquay
- Credit: Archant
A mobile testing unit for Covid-19 will be open from tomorrow at the coach station car park in Lymington Road, Torquay.
The facility will be for the use of essential workers in Torbay and their families.
If an essential worker or someone in their family is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, they can access the service to book a test. All they will need when they arrive for their booked test is a workplace form of identification such as an ID badge to be able to get tested.
Torbay MP Kevin Foster has welcomed confirmation the testing station is opening in Torbay.
He said: 'I am grateful to the team at Torbay Council who has worked with the national testing programme to ensure this facility could be provided.
'This facility will be a welcome part of the Government's national effort to get more testing in place and help safeguard our local community.'
To find out more, check the list of essential workers covered by this programme and book a test go to the government portal at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships