Mobile Covid-19 test station opening in Torquay
- Credit: Archant
A mobile testing unit for Covid-19 will be open from tomorrow at the coach station car park in Lymington Road, Torquay.
The facility will be for the use of essential workers in Torbay and their families.
If an essential worker or someone in their family is displaying symptoms of Covid-19, they can access the service to book a test. All they will need when they arrive for their booked test is a workplace form of identification such as an ID badge to be able to get tested.
Torbay MP Kevin Foster has welcomed confirmation the testing station is opening in Torbay.
He said: 'I am grateful to the team at Torbay Council who has worked with the national testing programme to ensure this facility could be provided.
'This facility will be a welcome part of the Government's national effort to get more testing in place and help safeguard our local community.'
To find out more, check the list of essential workers covered by this programme and book a test go to the government portal at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease