Mid Devon Cycle Club races to aid of Torbay Hospital staff needing skin cream
- Credit: Archant
Working long shifts under tight-fitting protective clothing is causing painful skin problems for nurses and doctors caring for coronavirus patients - but now help is on the way.
The Mid-Devon Cycling Club launched a crowd-funding campaign which has already raised more than £3,000 to buy special dermatological cream.
MDCC's Paul Martin explained: 'More than 30 of our 650 members work in the NHS. Since we put it to the club that we should start fund-raising the response has been brilliant.'
Manufacturer Thornton & Ross Pharmaceuticals offered to donate the first two deliveries to Torbay and Royal Devon and Exeter hospitals.
'It was a great gesture,' said Martin. 'With the help of their regional sales manager, Dawn Munn, they have helped to solve any supply chain problems, and they're going to sell us the rest of the cream at a really good discount.'
To donate to the crowd-funding drive, log on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/middevoncyclingclub
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store