Mid Devon Cycle Club races to aid of Torbay Hospital staff needing skin cream
- Credit: Archant
Working long shifts under tight-fitting protective clothing is causing painful skin problems for nurses and doctors caring for coronavirus patients - but now help is on the way.
The Mid-Devon Cycling Club launched a crowd-funding campaign which has already raised more than £3,000 to buy special dermatological cream.
MDCC's Paul Martin explained: 'More than 30 of our 650 members work in the NHS. Since we put it to the club that we should start fund-raising the response has been brilliant.'
Manufacturer Thornton & Ross Pharmaceuticals offered to donate the first two deliveries to Torbay and Royal Devon and Exeter hospitals.
'It was a great gesture,' said Martin. 'With the help of their regional sales manager, Dawn Munn, they have helped to solve any supply chain problems, and they're going to sell us the rest of the cream at a really good discount.'
To donate to the crowd-funding drive, log on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/middevoncyclingclub
- 1 Gary Johnson: I have faith in Olaf's potential
- 2 Thanks to 'incredible' Torbay Weekly readers for toy donations
- 3 Raise a glass for Clint Boulton
- 4 You're all superstars!
- 5 Postponement may help Gulls in bid to win promotion
- 6 Torquay United Trophy game postponed
- 7 Masking a problem for beautiful Bay environment?
- 8 We all need to help bring this virus under control
- 9 £206,680 to help repair Agatha Christie's favourite cinema
- 10 Striker 'important part' of Gulls' drive for promotion