Microscopy upgrade for EPIC
- Credit: EPIC Centre
EPIC has extended its partnership with Nikon Metrology by upgrading its Scanning Electron Micron (SEM) system.
The move sees EPIC invest in an EDS (elemental analysis device) system, tilt and rotation motor-drive and a fully automated sputter coater.
This capability is added to the Nikon 6000 Plus SEM system that offers up to x 60,000 magnification.
This extended capability was installed by a Nikon engineer during which training was delivered to tenants such as Bay Photonics, EFFECT Photonics and Palomar.
This initiative is part of EPIC’s commitment to offer the technical capabilities needed to grow businesses within the microelectronics and photonics sector.
Centre director Wayne Loschi said: “We have listened to the needs of the businesses here at EPIC and continued to grow our technical capability accordingly.
"The partnership with Nikon will see ongoing training delivered at EPIC for our tenants.
- 1 Latest twist in the National League race
- 2 Vince to lead way for Devon tourism
- 3 'Earring aid' pair are inspiring sister act!
- 4 Alfresco touch to eating down on the farm
- 5 Captain Asa 'would give anything' to lead Gulls to promotion
- 6 Dean and pals sign up for toughest row across Atlantic
- 7 I'd like to thank the people of Paignton for backing Cat
- 8 Why you should neuter your cat - male or female
- 9 Fish of the month competition has a winner
- 10 Cup Final day in the Predicta competition
"It’s fantastic to be able to call upon the support of this industry-leading supplier.”