Elephant - 'star' of the show for 16th year running
- Credit: Submitted
One of Torbay’s top restaurants has retained its prestigious Michelin Star – for the 16th year running.
Congratulations have flowed for Simon and Katy Hulstone, the husband-and-wife team who run the Elephant overlooking Torquay harbour.
Simon said: “Katy and I are both delighted to have maintained our Michelin star for the 16th year.
“It’s been a year of turmoil and change but with a brilliant team here at the Elephant we took on all challenges with gusto and adapted and overcame.
“The award of the Michelin star is not just a great team award, it adds a real purpose and feel-good factor to our beaten hospitality industry.
“Tourism will once again be on our agenda very soon and with a star in the Bay it elevates Torbay’s offering to a wider clientele.”
The Elephant was the first restaurant in Torquay to be awarded a Michelin star 16 years ago.
- 1 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 2 Turning our season around
- 3 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 Norrms McNamara: The loneliness of dementia
- 10 Rotary Round-up: Santa will be coming to town