Elephant - 'star' of the show for 16th year running
- Credit: Submitted
One of Torbay’s top restaurants has retained its prestigious Michelin Star – for the 16th year running.
Congratulations have flowed for Simon and Katy Hulstone, the husband-and-wife team who run the Elephant overlooking Torquay harbour.
Simon said: “Katy and I are both delighted to have maintained our Michelin star for the 16th year.
“It’s been a year of turmoil and change but with a brilliant team here at the Elephant we took on all challenges with gusto and adapted and overcame.
“The award of the Michelin star is not just a great team award, it adds a real purpose and feel-good factor to our beaten hospitality industry.
“Tourism will once again be on our agenda very soon and with a star in the Bay it elevates Torbay’s offering to a wider clientele.”
The Elephant was the first restaurant in Torquay to be awarded a Michelin star 16 years ago.
- 1 First friendly for Torquay United
- 2 Hard-fought affair as Barton win derby
- 3 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 4 South West boasts 'naturally inspiring' crime rates
- 5 Dead head and you'll have chocolate-scented flowers until autumn
- 6 Nemane to Notts
- 7 Spectacular views from Buccaneer's Way walk
- 8 Celebrating the power and strength of local community
- 9 Pro deals for United Academy stars
- 10 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million