Elephant - 'star' of the show for 16th year running
- Credit: Submitted
One of Torbay’s top restaurants has retained its prestigious Michelin Star – for the 16th year running.
Congratulations have flowed for Simon and Katy Hulstone, the husband-and-wife team who run the Elephant overlooking Torquay harbour.
Simon said: “Katy and I are both delighted to have maintained our Michelin star for the 16th year.
“It’s been a year of turmoil and change but with a brilliant team here at the Elephant we took on all challenges with gusto and adapted and overcame.
“The award of the Michelin star is not just a great team award, it adds a real purpose and feel-good factor to our beaten hospitality industry.
“Tourism will once again be on our agenda very soon and with a star in the Bay it elevates Torbay’s offering to a wider clientele.”
The Elephant was the first restaurant in Torquay to be awarded a Michelin star 16 years ago.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 4 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 5 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 10 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended