Mia Hair Salon celebrates tenth birthday in Torbay
- Credit: Mia Hair Salon
Mia Hair Salon in St Marychurch is celebrating ten years of hairdressing in Torbay.
Salon owner Katie Mia Fowler from Torquay marked the official tenth birthday of the salon early this month, with her hard-working team and looks forward to celebrating with clients once restrictions were lifted.
Katie said: “It’s important for us to celebrate this milestone because I am so proud of our amazing team and how far we have come.
"After all, ten years ago we opened in the height of the recession and now we have successfully made it through the pandemic!
"We would like to say a heartfelt thank you to our amazing client base, some of whom have been with us since Katie Mia started her hairdressing career over 20 years ago.
“Torbay really is a special place to work; our clients have become friends and makes Mia’s feel like a close-knit community.
"We have also been privileged to support generation of apprentices on their first step of their hairdressing journey.
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
"Providing opportunities for local young people has been so rewarding, many of whom have gone onto successful careers and running their own businesses.
"This has been a tough year for the hairdressing industry but we know there are brighter days ahead!”
Personal care services like hairdressing have remained closed for the majority of the pandemic.
Katie said: “I think the pandemic has made a lot of people realise how important their hair is to them, whether it’s linked to their identity or self-confidence.
"As we take these next steps out of lockdown, the safety of our staff and clients is our absolute priority. We are following all the current Covid-19 safety guidelines, helping our clients to step out into life after lockdown with confidence and of course beautiful hair.”