Mia Hair Salon celebrates tenth birthday in Torbay
- Credit: Mia Hair Salon
Mia Hair Salon in St Marychurch is celebrating ten years of hairdressing in Torbay.
Salon owner Katie Mia Fowler from Torquay marked the official tenth birthday of the salon early this month, with her hard-working team and looks forward to celebrating with clients once restrictions were lifted.
Katie said: “It’s important for us to celebrate this milestone because I am so proud of our amazing team and how far we have come.
"After all, ten years ago we opened in the height of the recession and now we have successfully made it through the pandemic!
"We would like to say a heartfelt thank you to our amazing client base, some of whom have been with us since Katie Mia started her hairdressing career over 20 years ago.
“Torbay really is a special place to work; our clients have become friends and makes Mia’s feel like a close-knit community.
"We have also been privileged to support generation of apprentices on their first step of their hairdressing journey.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 9 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
"Providing opportunities for local young people has been so rewarding, many of whom have gone onto successful careers and running their own businesses.
"This has been a tough year for the hairdressing industry but we know there are brighter days ahead!”
Personal care services like hairdressing have remained closed for the majority of the pandemic.
Katie said: “I think the pandemic has made a lot of people realise how important their hair is to them, whether it’s linked to their identity or self-confidence.
"As we take these next steps out of lockdown, the safety of our staff and clients is our absolute priority. We are following all the current Covid-19 safety guidelines, helping our clients to step out into life after lockdown with confidence and of course beautiful hair.”