Looking back at ‘topsy turvy’ 2020 in property market
- Credit: Getty Images
Following the initial lockdown in spring, we went from 0 to 100mph in the space of only a few months.
The summer was incredibly busy here at Bettesworths while the market was catching up with latent demand, taking advantage of the break in stamp duty and riding a wave of confidence which was admittedly totally unexpected.
This has continued to be the case during the autumn/winter period with continued high levels of activity.
We have a fantastic team and were well armed to cope, despite some long days and very busy periods.
We are very proud to have continued to service our clients with best advice and professional service.
We continue to be busy with new instructions and working the pipeline of sales agreed through to completion.
While there is some nervousness that the market will inevitably slow over the coming months, the recent announcement that the Chancellor will extend furlough provisions until March 2021 will undoubtedly help businesses cope over the winter and underpin confidence going into next year.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 5 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 6 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 10 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
In addition the news of the roll out of the coronavirus vaccine will surely put most people on the front foot again, ready to get back to some semblance of normality as we go through 2021.
We are certainly hoping to pick up new instructions here at Bettesworths to replenish the numerous residential and commercial properties we have sold this year.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our clients and applicants for working with us during these testing times and to our trusted colleagues in other professions too.
As a family business, we have certainly learnt a few lessons this year but we have also come to learn what is truly important in life.
Please stay safe and after look one another.