Fancy one of the best waterfront locations in the land? Here's your chance
- Credit: Bettesworths
For sale - a former marine zoo at one of the best locations in the land.
Wild Planet Trust, who also own Paignton Zoo, have decided to put the former Living Coasts site on the market.
Commercial agents Bettesworths have been tasked with finding a new tenant for the Torbay Council-owned site which was closed at the start of the pandemic and was always destined to stay shut due to its financial burden on the Trust.
Built on the former Marine Spa/Coral Island site, and located in a world class waterfront location, the property is situated on Beacon Quay between Torquay’s outer harbour and Beacon Cove beach.
The site as stands comprises a large landscaped top level outdoor area of approximately 50,000 sq ft. Beneath is a substantial café/bar/restaurant with unrivalled panoramic sea views and outside terrace trading space. At ground floor level on Beacon Quay the site is accessed via a large open tourist attraction entrance foyer adjacent to the substantial former retail unit..
Bettesworths are instructed to seek initial ‘expressions of interest’ from viable parties by July 16.
The firm says that proposals will only be considered when presented in conjunction with evidence of substantial and sufficient due diligence as to viability and with proof of access to sustainable funding.
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 8 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 9 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
Matt Bettesworth said: “We are expecting significant interest in this unique site, which benefits from a world class waterfront location."
Paul Bettesworth added: "As a family business based in Torquay, we are motivated to help our clients the Wild Planet Trust who provide such a vital service to our local population and tourist industry with its world renowned Paignton Zoo. We also have a vested interest to see the site regenerated in a positive way for the benefit of Torbay and South Devon."
Dennis Flynn , CEO of the Wild Plant Trust, said: “We hope a new owner/operator will breathe new life into this fabulous site. We would like to thank the many people who visited Living Coasts over the years and we are very grateful for the ongoing support."
Further information contact Bettesworths on 01803 212021. Matt Bettesworth Paul Bettesworth email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.bettesworths.co.uk