Fancy one of the best waterfront locations in the land? Here's your chance
- Credit: Bettesworths
For sale - a former marine zoo at one of the best locations in the land.
Wild Planet Trust, who also own Paignton Zoo, have decided to put the former Living Coasts site on the market.
Commercial agents Bettesworths have been tasked with finding a new tenant for the Torbay Council-owned site which was closed at the start of the pandemic and was always destined to stay shut due to its financial burden on the Trust.
Built on the former Marine Spa/Coral Island site, and located in a world class waterfront location, the property is situated on Beacon Quay between Torquay’s outer harbour and Beacon Cove beach.
The site as stands comprises a large landscaped top level outdoor area of approximately 50,000 sq ft. Beneath is a substantial café/bar/restaurant with unrivalled panoramic sea views and outside terrace trading space. At ground floor level on Beacon Quay the site is accessed via a large open tourist attraction entrance foyer adjacent to the substantial former retail unit..
Bettesworths are instructed to seek initial ‘expressions of interest’ from viable parties by July 16.
The firm says that proposals will only be considered when presented in conjunction with evidence of substantial and sufficient due diligence as to viability and with proof of access to sustainable funding.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
Matt Bettesworth said: “We are expecting significant interest in this unique site, which benefits from a world class waterfront location."
Paul Bettesworth added: "As a family business based in Torquay, we are motivated to help our clients the Wild Planet Trust who provide such a vital service to our local population and tourist industry with its world renowned Paignton Zoo. We also have a vested interest to see the site regenerated in a positive way for the benefit of Torbay and South Devon."
Dennis Flynn , CEO of the Wild Plant Trust, said: “We hope a new owner/operator will breathe new life into this fabulous site. We would like to thank the many people who visited Living Coasts over the years and we are very grateful for the ongoing support."
Further information contact Bettesworths on 01803 212021. Matt Bettesworth Paul Bettesworth email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.bettesworths.co.uk