Live streaming and screening for Ageing Well Torbay Festival
- Credit: Ageing Well Torbay
For the second year in a row, the annual Ageing Well Torbay Festival is live streaming online and broadcast on the radio.
Timed to coincide with the World Health Organisations International Day of Older People, the @Home Festival will go out between 10 am and 2 pm on Friday, October 1st from the home page of www.ageingwelltorbay.com and on Riviera 107.9 FM.
Normally the Festival, now in its seventh year, takes place in large venues and the last physical one in 2019 attracted more than 2000 people to the Riviera Centre in Torquay, where it is hoped it will return next year on March 19th.
For the first time this year, the festival will also be streaming at venues across the Bay, hosted by AWT’s Community Builders and will feature a traditional mix of music, dance, talks, exercise, advice, hidden histories and much, much more.
There is music from the Torbay Rock Choir, Music from the Edge in Brixham and Jane Anderson, history talks from Kevin Dixon, exercise classes with Anne George and Lisa Kay. There’s also a bit of theatre with the South Devon Players and fascinating life stories from Frank Wye and Rodger Smith.
Lionel Digby will be talking about The Who and David Bowie gigging at Torquay Town Hall, plus veteran cyclists challenge each other at the Velopark in Paignton.
In addition, there is sound advice from the Devon and Cornwall police on how to avoid being scammed and lots of good pointers from the Torbay and South Devon NHS Healthy Lifestyles team. There is also footage from the Paignton Picture House restoration and the artist producing artwork every day for a year. Paignton pensioner Tony Satchwell discusses loneliness during Covid and one woman’s pirate experience.
The screenings are at The Edge in Brixham, at the All Saints Church Hall, Cary Avenue in Babbacombe, at the Torquay Museum, at the Together Church in St James Road, Torre, at Barton Baptist Church in Happaway Road and the Palace Theatre in Paignton.
- 1 New loan signing for United
- 2 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 3 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 New travel agency promises 'booking process as exciting as holiday itself'
- 6 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 7 Firm launches project to design next generation of sustainable propulsion systems
- 8 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 9 Overwhelming success of ‘Torbay Needs You’ campaign
- 10 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
For more detail, go to the ageingwelltorbay.com website for the full programme. or call 01803 212638 to book your place at a screening.