Comic Lenny raises a smile after joining 'Jab Army'
- Credit: Submitted
Well-known Torbay comedian Lenny Windsor was quick to raise a smile after having his Covid jab.
Lenny joined others at the vaccination centre at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay and was quick to praise the operation.
“It was extremely well-organised,” said Lenny, 74, who has spent more than five decades in showbusiness.
The TV comic, who helped write the Benny Hill Show for over seven years, has performed on cruise ships all over the world as well as in Las Vegas where he has won awards and where he was just 18 months ago.
He returned to the UK to work with his son Andrew and daughter-in-law Emily as they are partners in a top-of-the-range wedding car company.
He was hoping to return to the States but with the pandemic says: “I am not sure there is anything to go back to. What has happened to the showbusiness industry over there is un-describable.”
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 6 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy