Comic Lenny raises a smile after joining 'Jab Army'
- Credit: Submitted
Well-known Torbay comedian Lenny Windsor was quick to raise a smile after having his Covid jab.
Lenny joined others at the vaccination centre at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay and was quick to praise the operation.
“It was extremely well-organised,” said Lenny, 74, who has spent more than five decades in showbusiness.
The TV comic, who helped write the Benny Hill Show for over seven years, has performed on cruise ships all over the world as well as in Las Vegas where he has won awards and where he was just 18 months ago.
He returned to the UK to work with his son Andrew and daughter-in-law Emily as they are partners in a top-of-the-range wedding car company.
He was hoping to return to the States but with the pandemic says: “I am not sure there is anything to go back to. What has happened to the showbusiness industry over there is un-describable.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans