Comic Lenny raises a smile after joining 'Jab Army'
- Credit: Submitted
Well-known Torbay comedian Lenny Windsor was quick to raise a smile after having his Covid jab.
Lenny joined others at the vaccination centre at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay and was quick to praise the operation.
“It was extremely well-organised,” said Lenny, 74, who has spent more than five decades in showbusiness.
The TV comic, who helped write the Benny Hill Show for over seven years, has performed on cruise ships all over the world as well as in Las Vegas where he has won awards and where he was just 18 months ago.
He returned to the UK to work with his son Andrew and daughter-in-law Emily as they are partners in a top-of-the-range wedding car company.
He was hoping to return to the States but with the pandemic says: “I am not sure there is anything to go back to. What has happened to the showbusiness industry over there is un-describable.”
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 5 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 6 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 7 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 8 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United