Becky Stuckey: Leaking pipes and flat battery... am I jinxed?
- Credit: pxhere.com
Blimey, I’m sure it was only five minutes ago that I was writing last week's column.
How quickly are these weeks flying by?
This week has gone so quickly I don’t feel that I’ve done anything worth writing about. I don’t even think I have any moans this week either!
As I sit here trying to think about what’s happened in the news, I start to worry that I’m losing my marbles as I really can’t remember.
I think I must have got lost in the new school year upset, and didn’t have the energy to register life outside these four walls.
Saying that, it hasn’t been too bad a week.
The girls went off to school without too much drama and I, in typical Becky style, I continue to win the worse parent in the world award as I didn’t post a picture of my little darlings on their first day in their uniforms.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 7 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 8 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 9 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 10 Artist William comes out from 'hiding' for exhibition
I’m sure you’ll forgive me. Let’s be honest, the likelihood of me being allowed to take a photo of the stroppy teenager at 7.30am is not a battle I’m prepared to engage in for anyone!
Needless to say, my girls looked lovely, and funnily enough they are taller than they were last year.
I have managed to change the taps in my bathroom - no, not on my own, with help.
Rather pleased with the result, until today when I discovered a waterfall running down my wall from the old copper pipe leaking.... just my luck.
My neighbour, who helped with these matters, informed me that I must be jinxed, and I’m inclined to agree, as on Saturday after 10-minute stop at the supermarket - and I mean 10 minutes - I came out to a car with a flat battery.
Luckily, my uncle was on hand with a set of jump leads.
I’ve started to believe I really am jinxed.