Boyce Hatton named South West’s third most active legal firm for buying and selling businesses
- Credit: Tony Cobley
Torquay-based law firm Boyce Hatton has been listed as the third most active legal advisor in the South West when it comes to business mergers and acquisition deals in 2020.
This is an increase from their previous ranking of fifth place in the Market IQ report from Experian.
The report places Boyce Hatton, with offices on The Terrace, in a top ten listing made up of mostly larger, national and international law firms who have a regional office in the South West.
The high ranking reflects the expertise on offer from Cris Boyce and his team and highlights the high standard legal service available in South Devon.
Cris said: “2020 was a really busy year for the team, advising on a range of businesses not just in this region but across the country, including the purchase of an English football league team to a US lawyer.
"Covid presented its challenges but we quickly adapted and kept going; in the second week of lockdown in March we completed the purchase of a company in Bath with 80 employees.
"The last few months have been particularly busy completing deals for many clients before the end of the year.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 5 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 6 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 9 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 10 Four to battle in Bay by-election
The corporate team at Boyce Hatton is led by Cris Boyce with Steven Hanbury and John Townsend completing the team.
They have been advising all types of businesses across the South West and UK for more than 30 years.
Cris said: “It’s been a pleasure to help each and every one of our clients and we wish them all success in the next stage of their ventures.
"We’ve seen a good start to this year with deal activity remaining strong despite the continued challenges we all face.”