Boyce Hatton named South West’s third most active legal firm for buying and selling businesses
- Credit: Tony Cobley
Torquay-based law firm Boyce Hatton has been listed as the third most active legal advisor in the South West when it comes to business mergers and acquisition deals in 2020.
This is an increase from their previous ranking of fifth place in the Market IQ report from Experian.
The report places Boyce Hatton, with offices on The Terrace, in a top ten listing made up of mostly larger, national and international law firms who have a regional office in the South West.
The high ranking reflects the expertise on offer from Cris Boyce and his team and highlights the high standard legal service available in South Devon.
Cris said: “2020 was a really busy year for the team, advising on a range of businesses not just in this region but across the country, including the purchase of an English football league team to a US lawyer.
"Covid presented its challenges but we quickly adapted and kept going; in the second week of lockdown in March we completed the purchase of a company in Bath with 80 employees.
"The last few months have been particularly busy completing deals for many clients before the end of the year.”
- 1 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 2 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 3 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 4 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 5 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 6 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 7 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 8 United heading into the future
- 9 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 10 Busy time in the transfer market
The corporate team at Boyce Hatton is led by Cris Boyce with Steven Hanbury and John Townsend completing the team.
They have been advising all types of businesses across the South West and UK for more than 30 years.
Cris said: “It’s been a pleasure to help each and every one of our clients and we wish them all success in the next stage of their ventures.
"We’ve seen a good start to this year with deal activity remaining strong despite the continued challenges we all face.”