Final day for community groups to apply for share of £200,000 funding
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The closing date is looming for applications for a share of £200,00 funding to financially support Torbay groups and organisations who have been responding to Covid-19.
Applications for the grant need to be submitted by midnight on tonight. They will be considered by a panel during the week starting June 15 with successful applicants being notified by June 30.
The grant is open to:
• voluntary and community organisations
• registered charity or charitable incorporated organisations (CIO)
• group of organisations, as long as they're led by a voluntary or community organisation
• not-for-profit companies including those limited by guarantee and Community Interest Companies.
- 1 Sutton 0 Torquay United 1
- 2 Great performance when it mattered
- 3 Torquay United showdown at Sutton
- 4 Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- 5 Sunken Gardens work starts as lights shine bright on new future
- 6 Great fuel debate - the case for diesel
- 7 Bryony Frost recovering from National fall
- 8 Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination
- 9 All guns blazing from Torquay United
- 10 The nostalgic power of music
Torbay Council is looking for applications to the grant in the financial ranges of less than £2,500, less than £5,000, less than £10,000 and less than £25,000.
When this grant was launched, Councillor Steve Darling, leader at Torbay Council, said: 'Our community and voluntary sectors have gone above and beyond in their response to the Covid-19 emergency.
'Their commitment and creativity in responding so well in supporting our local people in very challenging circumstances has been invaluable.
'While providing this support, advice and guidance they have had to work very hard to secure income from commercial and fund raising activities, and we know that the Covid-19 crisis has added to this sector's financial challenges.
'I encourage as many organisations and groups to take a look and make an application.'
To read the full terms and conditions of this fund and to apply visit the voluntary and community sector grant scheme page on Torbay COuncil's website.