Final day for community groups to apply for share of £200,000 funding
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The closing date is looming for applications for a share of £200,00 funding to financially support Torbay groups and organisations who have been responding to Covid-19.
Applications for the grant need to be submitted by midnight on tonight. They will be considered by a panel during the week starting June 15 with successful applicants being notified by June 30.
The grant is open to:
• voluntary and community organisations
• registered charity or charitable incorporated organisations (CIO)
• group of organisations, as long as they're led by a voluntary or community organisation
• not-for-profit companies including those limited by guarantee and Community Interest Companies.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 3 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 4 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 5 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 6 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 7 Family home in popular residential area
- 8 Gulls ready for Truro friendly
- 9 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
Torbay Council is looking for applications to the grant in the financial ranges of less than £2,500, less than £5,000, less than £10,000 and less than £25,000.
When this grant was launched, Councillor Steve Darling, leader at Torbay Council, said: 'Our community and voluntary sectors have gone above and beyond in their response to the Covid-19 emergency.
'Their commitment and creativity in responding so well in supporting our local people in very challenging circumstances has been invaluable.
'While providing this support, advice and guidance they have had to work very hard to secure income from commercial and fund raising activities, and we know that the Covid-19 crisis has added to this sector's financial challenges.
'I encourage as many organisations and groups to take a look and make an application.'
To read the full terms and conditions of this fund and to apply visit the voluntary and community sector grant scheme page on Torbay COuncil's website.