Torbay holiday park raises money for charity despite Covid-19 disruptions
- Credit: Hoburne Devon Bay
Despite all sponsored activities and events being cancelled because of Covid-19, Hoburne Devon Bay holiday park has managed to raise more than £4,000 for Devon Air Ambulance.
The Paignton holiday park was forced to cancel its fundraising events, but through Hoburne’s £1 booking donation scheme and the generosity of its holiday homeowners and holidaymakers, the park still donated £4,420.
Gary Cook, general manager at Hoburne Devon Bay, said: “The team had several activities planned, however 2020 panned out in a way no one could have predicted.
“Each year we partner with a nominated charity that the team selects and despite the Covid-19 disruptions, we were determined it wouldn’t stop us. We have a wonderful community of owners and holidaymakers that supported us with our fundraising efforts, and we’re delighted with how much we managed to raise.”
Tracy Owen, business supporter engagement officer at Devon Air Ambulance, said: "We are so grateful to all the staff, holiday homeowners and holidaymakers of Hoburne. Despite everything, they have been determined and committed to raising funds for us, even though they had to cancel the fundraising events they had planned.
"It is through their kind generosity that our helicopters and critical care cars can keep responding to those that need us when every second counts. Everyone involved should be very proud of what they have achieved."
Hoburne Devon Bay has chosen to partner with Devon Air Ambulance again as its nominated charity for 2021.
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 4 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Chloe Pavely: Mixed bag of emotions with end of season in sight