Hero’s welcome as Neil Thomas finishes 200-mile walk - and raises £20,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Archant
He has only gone and done it - Torbay walking hero Neil Thomas was greeted by hundreds of wellwishers and supporters as he reached the end of his incredible journey from London's Big Ben to Torquay's Little Ben.
After eight gruelling days on the road, walking 200 miles for Rowcroft Hospice and with no money in his pocket, Neil reached the Torquay Clock Tower this afternoon (Sunday).
Neil has captured the imagination and hearts of people across Torbay with his social media anecdotes from the roadside over the past week, meeting fantastic people and taking in the sights across the country.
Having set his initial target of £2,000, Neil is now almost at an astonishing £20,000 and the money keeps on coming in.
You can still donate - log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/neil-abraham-thomas
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 Nemane to Notts
- 3 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 4 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 5 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 6 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 7 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 10 Pro deals for United Academy stars