Hero’s welcome as Neil Thomas finishes 200-mile walk - and raises £20,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Archant
He has only gone and done it - Torbay walking hero Neil Thomas was greeted by hundreds of wellwishers and supporters as he reached the end of his incredible journey from London's Big Ben to Torquay's Little Ben.
After eight gruelling days on the road, walking 200 miles for Rowcroft Hospice and with no money in his pocket, Neil reached the Torquay Clock Tower this afternoon (Sunday).
Neil has captured the imagination and hearts of people across Torbay with his social media anecdotes from the roadside over the past week, meeting fantastic people and taking in the sights across the country.
Having set his initial target of £2,000, Neil is now almost at an astonishing £20,000 and the money keeps on coming in.
You can still donate - log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/neil-abraham-thomas
- 1 Turning our season around
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 4 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 5 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete