Hero’s welcome as Neil Thomas finishes 200-mile walk - and raises £20,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Archant
He has only gone and done it - Torbay walking hero Neil Thomas was greeted by hundreds of wellwishers and supporters as he reached the end of his incredible journey from London's Big Ben to Torquay's Little Ben.
After eight gruelling days on the road, walking 200 miles for Rowcroft Hospice and with no money in his pocket, Neil reached the Torquay Clock Tower this afternoon (Sunday).
Neil has captured the imagination and hearts of people across Torbay with his social media anecdotes from the roadside over the past week, meeting fantastic people and taking in the sights across the country.
Having set his initial target of £2,000, Neil is now almost at an astonishing £20,000 and the money keeps on coming in.
You can still donate - log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/neil-abraham-thomas
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 Weekend watch for Torquay United