Hero’s welcome as Neil finishes 200-mile challenge - and raises £20,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Archant
He has only gone and done it - Torbay's walking hero Neil Thomas was greeted by hundreds of wellwishers and supporters as he reached the end of his incredible journey from Big Ben to Torquay's Little Ben.
After eight gruelling days on the road, walking 200 miles for Rowcroft Hospice and with no money in his pocket, Neil reached the Torquay Clock Tower on Sunday afternoon.
He has captured the imagination and hearts of people across Torbay with his social media anecdotes from the roadside over the past week, meeting fantastic people and taking in the sights through the West Country.
Having set his initial target of £2,000, Neil is now almost at an astonishing £20,000 and the money keeps on coming in.
You can still donate. Log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/neil-abraham-thomas
- 1 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 2 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 3 Relentless from Torquay United
- 4 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 5 Torbay has it all - and we all have a part to play in tourism future
- 6 Joelene to lead special police scrutiny panel
- 7 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 8 TW Predicta April 22
- 9 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 10 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft