Hero’s welcome as Neil finishes 200-mile challenge - and raises £20,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Archant
He has only gone and done it - Torbay's walking hero Neil Thomas was greeted by hundreds of wellwishers and supporters as he reached the end of his incredible journey from Big Ben to Torquay's Little Ben.
After eight gruelling days on the road, walking 200 miles for Rowcroft Hospice and with no money in his pocket, Neil reached the Torquay Clock Tower on Sunday afternoon.
He has captured the imagination and hearts of people across Torbay with his social media anecdotes from the roadside over the past week, meeting fantastic people and taking in the sights through the West Country.
Having set his initial target of £2,000, Neil is now almost at an astonishing £20,000 and the money keeps on coming in.
You can still donate. Log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/neil-abraham-thomas
- 1 United heading into the future
- 2 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 3 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 6 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 7 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 8 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United