Help us repair Paignton shelters plea
- Credit: Archant
Plea for repair fund help after Paignton seafront shelters vandalised
Paignton Community Partnership is appealing for help to raise funds after shelters on Paignton seafront were damaged by vandalism.
In total, 11 panes of glass were broken, causing almost £600 of damage to shelters that have only just been refurbished by volunteers with assistance from South Devon College.
“It must have taken tremendous force to break the glass and such a shame after all the time taken to improve the shelters,” said Louise Gilson from the Paignton Community Partnership.
“There is just no point to vandalism. It is 6mm laminated glass and, along with the funding received, this work is down to the hard work of volunteers. The shelters damaged are next to the Geopark and the Pirate Golf course.
“The shelters are a great place for people to relax and enjoy the seafront.”
For more information and to make a donation, please contact the Torbay Community Development Trust on email@example.com
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'