Help us repair Paignton shelters plea
- Credit: Archant
Plea for repair fund help after Paignton seafront shelters vandalised
Paignton Community Partnership is appealing for help to raise funds after shelters on Paignton seafront were damaged by vandalism.
In total, 11 panes of glass were broken, causing almost £600 of damage to shelters that have only just been refurbished by volunteers with assistance from South Devon College.
“It must have taken tremendous force to break the glass and such a shame after all the time taken to improve the shelters,” said Louise Gilson from the Paignton Community Partnership.
“There is just no point to vandalism. It is 6mm laminated glass and, along with the funding received, this work is down to the hard work of volunteers. The shelters damaged are next to the Geopark and the Pirate Golf course.
“The shelters are a great place for people to relax and enjoy the seafront.”
For more information and to make a donation, please contact the Torbay Community Development Trust on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 Weekend watch for Torquay United