Help us repair Paignton shelters plea
- Credit: Archant
Plea for repair fund help after Paignton seafront shelters vandalised
Paignton Community Partnership is appealing for help to raise funds after shelters on Paignton seafront were damaged by vandalism.
In total, 11 panes of glass were broken, causing almost £600 of damage to shelters that have only just been refurbished by volunteers with assistance from South Devon College.
“It must have taken tremendous force to break the glass and such a shame after all the time taken to improve the shelters,” said Louise Gilson from the Paignton Community Partnership.
“There is just no point to vandalism. It is 6mm laminated glass and, along with the funding received, this work is down to the hard work of volunteers. The shelters damaged are next to the Geopark and the Pirate Golf course.
“The shelters are a great place for people to relax and enjoy the seafront.”
For more information and to make a donation, please contact the Torbay Community Development Trust on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 2 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 3 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 4 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 8 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?