Community centre plans special activity days
- Credit: Submitted
Special activity days are being offered at a Torquay community centre.
Community interest company Turning Heads will be running 'intergenerational' day services from The Windmill Centre in Hele from September 1.
The activities are aimed primarily at the disabled, people with learning difficulties, those looking for a job or the retired.
Open days are being held on Wednesday August 25, from 2pm until 5pm and Friday August 27, between 9am and 12 noon.
A spokesman said: "Turning Heads would love to see you at one of these open sessions where you will have a chance to see what we are planning to deliver, see the developments at the centre and have a chance to see the new community café in action."
More details can be found at www.turningheads.org.uk
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 3 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 6 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 10 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight