Businesses back hotel's charity day
- Credit: Submitted
Businesses stepped up to the mark to support a special open day and fund-raising event at Torquay's new Hampton by Hilton Hotel.
A variety of companies, ranging from gin-making enterprises to water sport businesses, took part during the day which included a raffle that raised £450 and a £200 donation from Chris Edwards of Bunzl Cleaning and Hygiene Supplies - both donated to Rowcroft Hospice.
Companies donating to the raffle included Torbay Gin, Hampton by Hilton Bournemouth, City Gate Exeter, Thunderflower Gin, Torquay Water Sports, Jet Set Go, Exeter Gin, Abbey Heywood Health & Beauty, Body Blends, X10 Fitness, Justin Brogan Bespoke Tailoring, Shot by Rob, Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene, Katrin, Bays Brewery, Salcombe Gin, Bombay Express, Furniss Foods, Devon Rum Company, Torquay Coastal Gin, HQ Escape Rooms and Parkhill Dentist.
Alison Upton, Philanthropy Manager at Rowcroft, said: "£650 will mean that a patient can stay for two days in Rowcroft’s Inpatient Unit. Here, they will be supported with dignity and in comfort in the beautiful surroundings of the Rowcroft estate.
"We are so grateful to all of the suppliers and partners who donated raffle prizes and to the hotel for organising it all."
Jackie Kelly, director of sales at the hotel and who was the main organiser of the day, said: "It was amazing how our community stepped up to our requests."
- 1 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 2 Retro Sport: Whatever the temptation, the sanctity of cricket is paramount
- 3 Nurturing the Plainmoor pitch
- 4 Ray of success for Chris after years of trying
- 5 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 6 Brilliant Buckland advance in the FA Vase
- 7 Picture special: Views from across Torbay
- 8 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 9 Working hard to ensure success of fishing industry in Brixham
- 10 National Lottery funding for Torre Abbey to help break down barriers to heritage