Grade-II listed cottage in tucked-away position near harbourside
- Credit: Williams Hedge
In a tucked away setting between Wellswood and Torquay harbourside and marina, Clifton Grove Cottage offers a character home with the potential for multi-generational living.
Formally two cottages, this Grade II-listed property has been sympathetically renovated to offer spacious accommodation over three floors.
Situated at the end of a lane, large double timber gates open into a gravelled front garden which offers ample parking space and leads to the front door.
Once inside, the entrance hall leads to the ground floor accommodation which comprises a modern, integrated kitchen/diner with exposed stone wall to one end, a sitting room with double doors opening onto a block paved patio and the ground floor WC.
On the first floor, a spacious landing with impressive vaulted ceiling leads to three bedrooms, the master with an en-suite shower room, a bathroom/WC and access into a playroom/home office.
From here a staircase leads to a further en-suite bedroom. This section of the property could be adapted to provide accommodation for a dependent relative if required and from the playroom/home office there is access onto a side garden which also has a separate access into the premises.
The outside space comprises a large timber deck with overhead lighting which leads to a large, lawned area enclosed by stone wall.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 10 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
An internal inspection of this superb property is highly recommended in order to appreciate the accommodation on offer and the fantastic secluded, yet convenient, position.
The property occupies a convenient setting a short distance from Lisbon Square which offers a convenience store, takeaway and hair salon. The nearby shops at Wellswood offer a further selection of independent and boutique shops.
The amenities of the harbourside, marina and Torquay town centre are also nearby as are transport links, bus services and the Torquay seafront with its restaurants, cafes and beaches.
Clifton Grove Cottage is on the market with an asking price of £499,950 with Williams Hedge estate agents. For details, call 01803 554322.