Grade-II listed cottage in tucked-away position near harbourside
- Credit: Williams Hedge
In a tucked away setting between Wellswood and Torquay harbourside and marina, Clifton Grove Cottage offers a character home with the potential for multi-generational living.
Formally two cottages, this Grade II-listed property has been sympathetically renovated to offer spacious accommodation over three floors.
Situated at the end of a lane, large double timber gates open into a gravelled front garden which offers ample parking space and leads to the front door.
Once inside, the entrance hall leads to the ground floor accommodation which comprises a modern, integrated kitchen/diner with exposed stone wall to one end, a sitting room with double doors opening onto a block paved patio and the ground floor WC.
On the first floor, a spacious landing with impressive vaulted ceiling leads to three bedrooms, the master with an en-suite shower room, a bathroom/WC and access into a playroom/home office.
From here a staircase leads to a further en-suite bedroom. This section of the property could be adapted to provide accommodation for a dependent relative if required and from the playroom/home office there is access onto a side garden which also has a separate access into the premises.
The outside space comprises a large timber deck with overhead lighting which leads to a large, lawned area enclosed by stone wall.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 8 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 9 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
An internal inspection of this superb property is highly recommended in order to appreciate the accommodation on offer and the fantastic secluded, yet convenient, position.
The property occupies a convenient setting a short distance from Lisbon Square which offers a convenience store, takeaway and hair salon. The nearby shops at Wellswood offer a further selection of independent and boutique shops.
The amenities of the harbourside, marina and Torquay town centre are also nearby as are transport links, bus services and the Torquay seafront with its restaurants, cafes and beaches.
Clifton Grove Cottage is on the market with an asking price of £499,950 with Williams Hedge estate agents. For details, call 01803 554322.