Stephanie lined up for top award - and is one of 'Our Heroes'
- Credit: Submitted
A GP surgery manager from Torbay is in line for a national award.
Stephanie Tedstone, from the Compass House Surgery for Brixham and Galmpton, has been short listed for Practice Manager of the Year for the NHS - one of just five chosen.
The awards event is being held in December in London along with other awards to salute hard working NHS GP surgeries.
It is in recognition of Stephanie's leadership skills and for assisting in setting up the vaccination centre at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay where she helped with operations on top of her normal work load.
Proud mum and dad, Anne and Ian Mccarthy, said: "As the NHS has been in the news for the past couple of years it may be nice to show that it has not just been the hospitals that have been working frantically to overcome the pandemic, but also surgeries throughout the country have had to change their way of working also - now already arranging the third vaccine jabs followed by the flu jabs.
"Steph is also running the London Marathon in October, something that we think has kept her sane through out the Covid time. We could not be more proud of her."
Step is also an ideal candidate for the Torbay Weekly 'Our Heroes' awards where we are recognising and honouring those people who have gone out of their way to help others during the pandemic.
In partnership with Majestic Holidays, we are planning a special event to celebrate those people who have been nominated. Details are to be confirmed.
If you would like to nominate your hero or heroes please send us the details to email@example.com
- 1 Cheers as former player Jim backs United
- 2 Dementia mini mental test - is it fit for purpose?
- 3 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 4 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 5 Motoring: Fondly looking back at 2021 with some surprising results
- 6 Paignton business expands team and offices to deliver tech offer
- 7 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 8 Bowls: Great quarter-final win for Torbay
- 9 In memory of our loving Emica
- 10 South Devon groups benefit from Masons' annual donations