Buying a house and getting a mortgage during a pandemic
- Credit: Mark Rainey
Buying a new home can be stressful at the best of times, during a pandemic with constant lockdowns and rule changes, the stress increases considerably.
Natalie and Greg approached Mr Mortgages to source the best mortgage after finding their dream home through local agent John Lake Estate Agents.
They found a lovely house in Shiphay, which was convenient for work for Greg and also near all the local schools their children attend.
Greg is self-employed and only had one year’s accounts after taking the plunge and moving from the safety and regular income of an employed role.
The clients had heard that it was difficult to get mortgages during Covid, especially for the self-employed and came to us for our considerable experience and access to all lenders.
We researched several lenders to get their view on the industry Greg worked in and found a lender that was keen to discuss further.
We put a rationale to the lender to support the case and the finance was agreed. With the assistance of experienced local conveyancer, Gill Bratcher of WBW Solicitors, the clients got the keys to their home in early January.
- 1 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 5 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 6 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 7 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 10 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric
Mr Mortgages helped the clients find the best life insurance and protection of Greg’s income to ensure they could remain in their home in any eventuality.
Natalie said “Mr Mortgages were amazing from start to finish. Friendly, efficient and always on the end of the phone to help guide us. We are so happy in our new home and it’s thanks to Mr Mortgages that we are here.”
Being an independent mortgage broker allows Mr Mortgages to help more clients because we have access to a large amount of lenders with lots of varied criteria.
We are so happy to help a lovely family like Natalie and Greg’s move into their new home, they have even offered us use of their drive on school drop off!