Buying a house and getting a mortgage during a pandemic
- Credit: Mark Rainey
Buying a new home can be stressful at the best of times, during a pandemic with constant lockdowns and rule changes, the stress increases considerably.
Natalie and Greg approached Mr Mortgages to source the best mortgage after finding their dream home through local agent John Lake Estate Agents.
They found a lovely house in Shiphay, which was convenient for work for Greg and also near all the local schools their children attend.
Greg is self-employed and only had one year’s accounts after taking the plunge and moving from the safety and regular income of an employed role.
The clients had heard that it was difficult to get mortgages during Covid, especially for the self-employed and came to us for our considerable experience and access to all lenders.
We researched several lenders to get their view on the industry Greg worked in and found a lender that was keen to discuss further.
We put a rationale to the lender to support the case and the finance was agreed. With the assistance of experienced local conveyancer, Gill Bratcher of WBW Solicitors, the clients got the keys to their home in early January.
- 1 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 2 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 3 Relentless from Torquay United
- 4 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 5 Torbay has it all - and we all have a part to play in tourism future
- 6 Joelene to lead special police scrutiny panel
- 7 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 8 TW Predicta April 22
- 9 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 10 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
Mr Mortgages helped the clients find the best life insurance and protection of Greg’s income to ensure they could remain in their home in any eventuality.
Natalie said “Mr Mortgages were amazing from start to finish. Friendly, efficient and always on the end of the phone to help guide us. We are so happy in our new home and it’s thanks to Mr Mortgages that we are here.”
Being an independent mortgage broker allows Mr Mortgages to help more clients because we have access to a large amount of lenders with lots of varied criteria.
We are so happy to help a lovely family like Natalie and Greg’s move into their new home, they have even offered us use of their drive on school drop off!