Fun social bubbles for children missing school due to lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Special provision is available for primary school-aged children in Torbay who are missing school due to the coronavirus crisis.
In response to the new Covid-19 lockdown, a partnership of organisations has come together to design a special programme of fun, free opportunities during the school day starting next week, January 25.
The offer includes the chance to join in online weekdays from 1pm to 2pm. Activities will include keep fit - yoga/Zumba/hula-hoop, plus music-making sessions with Moor to Sea, cooking and drumming workshops which require no specialist equipment.
Children taking part will also have access to the Safe-Space online programme in the evenings and at weekends, provided by Lifeworks.
And for children who do not like to be online, Eco Play Packs can be delivered to their doorstep.
Eco Play Packs contain separate bags for ten sessions each of which include all the materials as well as a booklet explaining what to do for each activity.
Youngsters will be able to grow edible bean sprouts, make pinatas, decorate pinatas, as well as make energy bars, moths to a flame, eco-bricks, banana flatbreads, seed bombs, and the opportunity to grow their own pencil and planet protectors, all provided by Play Torbay.
- 1 Captain Cameron set to lead Magpies against Gulls
- 2 The little door behind the main stand
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Decisions to be made over Covid-related postponements of cricket matches
- 5 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 8 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 9 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 10 Council at last puts money where mouth is and invests in sport
For more information or to book a child's place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is funded by Imagine this…. and is being coordinated by the Torbay Advice and Mediation Service for children at risk of missing education.