Fun social bubbles for children missing school due to lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Special provision is available for primary school-aged children in Torbay who are missing school due to the coronavirus crisis.
In response to the new Covid-19 lockdown, a partnership of organisations has come together to design a special programme of fun, free opportunities during the school day starting next week, January 25.
The offer includes the chance to join in online weekdays from 1pm to 2pm. Activities will include keep fit - yoga/Zumba/hula-hoop, plus music-making sessions with Moor to Sea, cooking and drumming workshops which require no specialist equipment.
Children taking part will also have access to the Safe-Space online programme in the evenings and at weekends, provided by Lifeworks.
And for children who do not like to be online, Eco Play Packs can be delivered to their doorstep.
Eco Play Packs contain separate bags for ten sessions each of which include all the materials as well as a booklet explaining what to do for each activity.
Youngsters will be able to grow edible bean sprouts, make pinatas, decorate pinatas, as well as make energy bars, moths to a flame, eco-bricks, banana flatbreads, seed bombs, and the opportunity to grow their own pencil and planet protectors, all provided by Play Torbay.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 10 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
For more information or to book a child's place, email email@example.com
This initiative is funded by Imagine this…. and is being coordinated by the Torbay Advice and Mediation Service for children at risk of missing education.