Full steam ahead for Bay Deliveries
- Credit: Archant
Full steam ahead for new on-line Bay Deliveries with 'local' the key word
It's full steam ahead for new online business, Bay Deliveries.
The online food and drink grocery store linked up with the Torbay Weekly last week to offer 100 pre-launch delivery slots exclusively for our readers in the TQ3 1 area of Torquay.
Now Bay Deliveries fully launches this week. Operations Manager Adam Cliff says: 'I'm a local family man, with two young kids, born and brought up in Shiphay. When I first heard about the opportunity, I was really keen to get involved.
'I loved the idea of a local business offering a wide range of local groceries - all of your meat, fish, drinks, fruit and veg together with your favourite essential brands.
'All of your groceries will be delivered to your door within a few days - something we know local and vulnerable customers will appreciate because of the ongoing struggle to get delivery slots from the supermarkets.'
He added: 'My main responsibilities include managing the team to ensure each van goes out with the right products at the right time. I also manage our 'secure delivery' process so if you are elderly or vulnerable, you can be sure it is Bay Deliveries at the door.'
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 7 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
Kingfisher Brixham have signed up. A spokesman said: 'Kingfisher Brixham supply quality fresh fish and seafood to the catering industry in the South West.
'From our premises in Brixham, we source, prepare and deliver fresh and frozen, fish and seafood directly to professional kitchens and now, thanks to Bay Deliveries, you can have the same professional quality fish with other products straight to your door.'
On the wine front Sharpham are on board.
Based on the sheltered slopes overlooking the River Dart, Sharpham have been producing exceptional wine for over 25 years.
A spokesman said: 'Our wines are all made from carefully selected grape varieties just minutes away from Torbay.
'Whilst we have a fantastic local customer base, the opportunity to have our wine supported by a new online retailer, focussed on bringing together a range of local food and drink under one roof, was something we were really keen to be part of.'