Freemasons donate £1,160 to Rowcroft Hospice
- Credit: Devonshire Freemasons
Devonshire Freemans have donated £1,160 to Rowcroft Hospice in Torquay,
As part of their annual support of hospices throughout the country, Freemason Peter Keaty presented the £1,160 on behalf of the Freemasons of Devonshire and the Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF) to Debbi Shotton and Stewart Molxneux, community fundraising officers for Rowcroft.
This year the MCF will give grants totalling £750,000 to 203 hospices throughout England and Wales including £10,350 to eight hospices in Devon, as part of the £14 million given since 1984.
The Freemasons have been long-term supporters of Rowcroft and including individual donations made by many of the 131 Lodges that meet throughout the county combined with the MCF, have donated over £115,000 since 2000.
Debbi Shotton, community fundraising officer for the hospice, said “We are so grateful for the continued support of the Devon Freemasons and the MCF.
"We care for over 2,400 patients and their loved ones every year across the 300 square miles of South Devon.
"It currently costs over £8 million to run Rowcroft’s extensive services and we have to raise over 70 per cent of that ourselves. We rely heavily on the incredible generosity of the local community.“
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 3 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
Peter Keaty said: “It is always a privilege for the Freemasons of Devonshire to be able to support the work of Rowcroft Hospice and the incredible work they do which is so valuable, not only to the patients but also to their families."