Founders' delight as alcohol-free spirit producer secures investment
- Credit: Sea Arch Drinks
A Torquay-based alcohol-free spirit producer has secured investment from a British backer in Dubai who has experience in the global drinks industry.
Sea Arch Drinks attracted the attention of Patrick Doyle, chief executive at International Diplomatic Supplies.
He approached Sea Arch founders Geoff and Sarah Yates after trying their Sea Arch Coastal Juniper non-alcoholic spirit.
Doyle said: “It is no secret that the no and low alcohol sector is growing worldwide.
“As a non-drinker, I have enjoyed some great alcohol-free beers but I’d tried several non-alcoholic spirits and was generally disappointed.
“However, when I tasted my first glass of Sea Arch and tonic I was really impressed; in my opinion it is the best non-alcoholic botanical spirit available.
“I’m very excited to be part of the growth of this great brand and am confident that my contacts and long term relationships will open many doors.”
- 1 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 2 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 3 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Unlocking the genetic secrets of Kents Cavern’s Ice Age horses
- 6 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 9 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 10 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
With 30 years’ experience as a company director, including 24 years running International Diplomatic Supplies – the global leader in the supply of duty free wines, beers and liquor to the diplomatic corps worldwide – Patrick will help fund new brand extensions and innovations for the company.
Sea Arch Drinks co-founder Sarah Yates said: "We’re really looking forward to working with Patrick and are excited about the opportunities, knowledge and contacts that he will bring.
“We were already confident that we had a quality product and brand, but to have his experience and expertise on the team too will allow us to really make the most of the growth opportunities on offer in the non-alcoholic drinks sector.”
Co-founder Geoff Yates said: “It was clear from our initial conversations with Patrick that we share a similar vision for the brand.
“We’re delighted to have the opportunity to work with him to help grow further and faster, exploring new product development and routes to market over the coming months.”
Established in 2018, Sea Arch Drinks makes Sea Arch Coastal Juniper blend spirit, which has all the taste of gin with none of the alcohol.
It is made using traditional distillation techniques and a blend of 11 botanicals.