Fancy joining Andy on his trek to raise money for food banks?
- Credit: Submitted
Andy Coxon is walking and walking and walking for charity.
Andy lives in Torbay but manages Irish bar and restaurant The Stand Off in Exeter which is part owned by Gareth Steenson and Carl Rimmer of Exeter Chiefs fame.
Andy decided he wanted to do something for good causes both locally and in the city.
He is now raising money to support the work being done by food banks though the Torbay Food Alliance and the Exeter Food Bank.
Over a month ago he began his campaign to walk 500 miles with an aim of raising £1,000.
Andy is encouraging anyone to join him in completing as many miles as they would like in support of his walk and send him pictures etc to go on social media.
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 6 Desperate men killing the game
- 7 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 8 Josh turns his life around and says: 'It's time for me to give back'
- 9 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
- 10 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
Steve Godbeer, who helps at Exeter Food Bank, has himself walked over 300 miles and has managed to raise hundreds of pounds towards a Go Fund Me page
Andy has so far clocked in 300 miles-plus and has raised almost £1,800. He is hoping to hit the £2,500 by the end of his marathon walk.
He says: “During these very difficult times of Covid and Lockdown, many, many people are struggling financially and even mentally at the thought of putting a meal on the table."
The Go Fund Me page is here: