First catch sold in aid of Fishermen’s Mission
- Credit: Archant
Helen Lovell, mission port officer from the Fishermen's Mission in Brixham, was delighted to receive a cheque for £1,012.45 from the auction of a mixed box of fish from Georgina of Ladram's maiden trip.
It is a common tradition to put the boat in good stead for the future.
She arrived in Brixham on June 18 from Luyt BV boat builders in Den Helder, the Netherlands and is the latest, state-of-the-art beam trawler for the Waterdance fleet.
Helen is pictured with Trevor Sclater, skipper of Georgina of Ladram, and Barry Young, managing director of Brixham Trawler Agents.
Due to Covid-19, the trawler's christening has been postponed until later in the year.
However, the Fishermen's Mission has been embracing new technology during lockdown and she had prayers said for her and the crew during one of their weekly prayer meetings.
- 1 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 2 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 5 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 10 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric