Father's wartime experiences inspired Inner Wheel author to write book
- Credit: Submitted
Members of the Inner Wheel Club of Torquay were treated to an online talk by Gay Ross about her book entitled ‘Luigi’.
Gay wrote this between 2018 and 2019 and it was published last July during the Covid restrictions.
It is based on the true story of her father’s experiences during World War Two, using his letters and journals which had suddenly come to light in her mother’s house.
It describes his escapades in Italy and is a most interesting and intriguing tale.
Gay used her maiden name Gabrielle Ayers as her nom de plume for the book in honour of her father.
She is Devon Inner Wheel’s vice district chairman and past president of Barnstaple. She is generously donating her fee to the drive to abolish Polio because her father died from it when she was six years old.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 7 Nemane to Notts
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under