Father's wartime experiences inspired Inner Wheel author to write book
- Credit: Submitted
Members of the Inner Wheel Club of Torquay were treated to an online talk by Gay Ross about her book entitled ‘Luigi’.
Gay wrote this between 2018 and 2019 and it was published last July during the Covid restrictions.
It is based on the true story of her father’s experiences during World War Two, using his letters and journals which had suddenly come to light in her mother’s house.
It describes his escapades in Italy and is a most interesting and intriguing tale.
Gay used her maiden name Gabrielle Ayers as her nom de plume for the book in honour of her father.
She is Devon Inner Wheel’s vice district chairman and past president of Barnstaple. She is generously donating her fee to the drive to abolish Polio because her father died from it when she was six years old.
- 1 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 2 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 3 Turning our season around
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 7 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 Norrms McNamara: The loneliness of dementia
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete