Father's wartime experiences inspired Inner Wheel author to write book
- Credit: Submitted
Members of the Inner Wheel Club of Torquay were treated to an online talk by Gay Ross about her book entitled ‘Luigi’.
Gay wrote this between 2018 and 2019 and it was published last July during the Covid restrictions.
It is based on the true story of her father’s experiences during World War Two, using his letters and journals which had suddenly come to light in her mother’s house.
It describes his escapades in Italy and is a most interesting and intriguing tale.
Gay used her maiden name Gabrielle Ayers as her nom de plume for the book in honour of her father.
She is Devon Inner Wheel’s vice district chairman and past president of Barnstaple. She is generously donating her fee to the drive to abolish Polio because her father died from it when she was six years old.
- 1 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 2 Relentless from Torquay United
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Four to battle in Bay by-election