Former cricket umpire Dave has those eyes sorted at last
- Credit: Submitted
Former well-known Torbay cricket umpire Dave Moseby was used to players claiming he needed his eyes tested
Now, a few years after he retired from being out in the middle, that’s just what Dave needed.
He was diagnosed with an eye condition which required surgery at Torbay Hospital.
Dave, who lives in Brixham, says: “You could say the old umpire finally has the eye treatment players told him he needed years ago.”
He has told his story to pay tribute to the medical staff who looked after him.
He has written to the eye department to say: “I am writing to you to thank your Department for the tremendous care and attention I have received. At a time when we are all grateful for the work done by every NHS member, I am so delighted at the service I have been given on my many visits to your Department.”
“Covid delayed treatment but I was I was kept informed on a regular basis,” said Dave.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 5 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
He received a date for surgery on his right eye and wrote: “I was seen by three of your staff for my pre op visit and all tests were done with great care and everything explained in detail.”
He adds: “My eyesight in my right eye is now remarkable and my quality of life is now enhanced. I am now on the waiting list for the same treatment in my other eye and obviously hope this will be soon but I appreciate the situation you are in.”
He had particular praise for surgeon Mr Hussien.
“Thanks again to all your staff for the tremendous attention I have received and in particular to Mr Hussien - he is a gem,” says Dave.