John praises extra special wife and Torbay Hospital nurse Marianne
- Credit: Archant
John Renton has praised his extra special wife who has an extra-tough job but still manages to run her own business
John Renton has a brilliant wife – and he doesn't mind saying so.
Marianne has bags of energy which makes her extra special – mixing a tough job as a nurse and running her own business.
John says: 'Marianne has spent nearly 20 years at Torbay Hospital as a Cardiac Nurse Specialist.
'I pick her up from work at 8pm were she has been since 7am that morning.
'Apart from the amazing work she and her colleagues do for the NHS, she is also a great businesswoman.
'She wanted a hobby to take a mind off work so three years ago she started making jewellery from silver and sea glass she collects from local beaches.'
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
Marianne has gone on to sell jewellery across the world, even in Hollywood and for theatres in London.
'All self-taught, it is an amazing story, even after 13 hours of work she will still come in and make a ring or bangle which has been ordered in the day,' says John.
'She is so humble about her nurse role but even more humble about her jewellery making.
I think she is brilliant at both.'
Marianne is an ideal nomination for the Torbay Weekly Our Heroes awards.
The awards have been created to recognise those who go the extra mile to help others.
It is hoped the campaign, run in partnership with Majestic Holidays, will finish with a special celebration event when current restrictions allow
If you would like to nominate an individual, group or organisation send us the details of who and why with a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org