John praises extra special wife and Torbay Hospital nurse Marianne
- Credit: Archant
John Renton has praised his extra special wife who has an extra-tough job but still manages to run her own business
John Renton has a brilliant wife – and he doesn't mind saying so.
Marianne has bags of energy which makes her extra special – mixing a tough job as a nurse and running her own business.
John says: 'Marianne has spent nearly 20 years at Torbay Hospital as a Cardiac Nurse Specialist.
'I pick her up from work at 8pm were she has been since 7am that morning.
'Apart from the amazing work she and her colleagues do for the NHS, she is also a great businesswoman.
'She wanted a hobby to take a mind off work so three years ago she started making jewellery from silver and sea glass she collects from local beaches.'
- 1 Oldway Mansion squash courts set to be demolished
- 2 Torquay United playing games as fast as possible
- 3 Billionaire's superyacht joins cruise ships in Torbay
- 4 Torquay United 0 Sutton United 0
- 5 Torquay United coming through unscathed
- 6 Fitness professional Zoe joins team at South Devon College academy
- 7 Council to build industrial units at Torquay coach station
- 8 Make sure you have the best mortgage for you
- 9 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 10 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
Marianne has gone on to sell jewellery across the world, even in Hollywood and for theatres in London.
'All self-taught, it is an amazing story, even after 13 hours of work she will still come in and make a ring or bangle which has been ordered in the day,' says John.
'She is so humble about her nurse role but even more humble about her jewellery making.
I think she is brilliant at both.'
Marianne is an ideal nomination for the Torbay Weekly Our Heroes awards.
The awards have been created to recognise those who go the extra mile to help others.
It is hoped the campaign, run in partnership with Majestic Holidays, will finish with a special celebration event when current restrictions allow
If you would like to nominate an individual, group or organisation send us the details of who and why with a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org